Image Map

Monday, November 14, 2016

Letters to Jack: 10 Months.


Jack, 

I have a very strict rule about not celebrating Christmas before Thanksgiving, but I walked into Target with you last week and pushing you past all the decorations and trees made me emotional. I joked that it was because you've made me weak (you have, you totally have), but it's really this: You make every single day better. The thought of us spending my favorite month celebrating my favorite season with you...it just seems as close to heaven as we're ever gonna get while we're down here. 

In less than two weeks we'll be celebrating your first Thanksgiving, and you're the perfect age for that because you're eating more and more food. You're going to be thrilled with a holiday that is made up of meals. 

This month (your first presidential election!) has made me think a lot about all the important things I want to teach you. Honestly, I'm glad you're young enough that you don't understand what people are saying yet because there's a heck a lot of hate being thrown around lately. It just reminds me of how important it is to instill love and kindness into you. I hope you feel so surrounded by those things as you grow up.

In a month where a lot of things have gone wrong, you have been the brightest spot. In a month where there has been a ton of negativity in the world, you have been the happiest ray of sunshine. I think every single month will just be made up of me being surprised by you, being surprised by how much more I love you, and thinking about how lucky I've been to get to spend that month with you.

Happy ten months my tiny love. I love you to the moon and back, you little munchkin. 

 photo signature.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

say whatcha need to say.