Image Map

Thursday, December 29, 2016

Four Years.


four years &

three cities &

three apartments & 

one house &

one dog (fox?) & 

one perfect baby &

one messy, wonderful life. 

When we got married four years ago today, I would have never imagined our life now. To be fair, I didn't really know that residency was a thing when we got married, and our plan for having kids was to make a plan in five years or so (ha), but still. It would have been tough to imagine where we are today. Two people who have built a life together. That's what marriage is, it's building a life together. 

We were both in a wedding this summer and had been pretty much separated the whole weekend, and the afternoon of getting ready, Chris texted me that he was in the hallway of the girls' hotel and had brought me Chinese food. All of the girls getting ready thought it was so sweet, and said, "I want to marry someone who brings me Chinese takeout, too." I laughed, but I agree. And as silly as this sounds, that's what a good marriage is. It's having someone know that you're going to be hungry after spending six hours getting your hair and makeup done, and not even needing to text you to double check or ask what your order is. It's having someone show up when you didn't ask them to, bearing fried rice. And if that's not just the best thing in the world, I don't know what is. 

Happy anniversary to my partner in crime. Love you always. 

 photo signature.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

say whatcha need to say.