Image Map

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Celebrate today.

I love Valentine's day.
and Thanksgiving.
and Easter.
and Christmas.
and fall.
and anything I can decorate for, listen to music for, and celebrate.
I love celebrating.  When first starts to feel even a little bit like Fall, I'm telling you, my soul starts rejoicing.  Apples and pumpkin and scarecrows start to take over everything in my life, and I absolutely love it.  And don't even get me started on Christmas--if I could bottle and sell the feeling that I get when Christmas music starts, I would make billions.

I think I love these times so much because I love celebrating.  God made my heart in such a way that the list of things that make me happier than the seasons of celebrating holidays is an extremely short one.

During any holiday, I feel so alive.
and happy.
and sentimental.
and like everything I'm doing is making a memory.

For some reason, I was thinking on this today, and had this thought.

celebrate today. 

Monday or Friday.

Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter.

celebrate every day. 

We truly have so much to be thankful for, and so much to celebrate.  If you disagree, go outside.  Is it balmy and warm in a way that puts your soul at peace?  Is it so cold that you have to catch your breath, reminding you that you are alive?  It's worth celebrating.  What about the way the grass feels under your feet?  That is one of my favorite things in the world.  It's worth celebrating.

Now, you're probably not going to decorate your house and throw a party for the way that the grass feels under your feet (Unless that's your thing.  If so, please, be my guest.) That's not really what I'm getting at.  I guess what I'm getting at is that we should live with a sense of celebration.  Of happiness.  Of expecting good things from the day, because dangit, it's a good day.
Because it's beautiful outside.
Because the creator of the universe call us His own.
Because we are alive, and that is a gift.

Celebrate today.  Make some cupcakes.  Listen to your favorite song.  Wear something fantastic.  And remember that being alive is a marvelous thing.

Celebrate.


xoxo, 

Chels


21 comments:

  1. you are so right - each day is worth celebrating because each day is a true gift. xo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is a perfect, inspiring post. i am SO glad you stopped by my blog! :)

    -Emma
    chasingtexas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much, Emma! I really appreciate that. loved your blog! xoxo

      Delete
  3. i love this. so much so so so much to celebrate. like our awesome friendship? lets have a part for that

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. duhh. I miss you. lets play catch up sooooon please. maybe at our awesome friendship party??

      Delete
  4. This is such a sweet post. I totally agree with you-- everyone should have something to celebrate about. :)

    XO,
    SWEATshirt DRESSshirt
    http://sweatshirtdressshirt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww I just love this. SO sweet and I agree 100%. I can't pick a favorite season because they ALL make me soooo excited! :)

    xo

    MacKensie
    mackensieg.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful post! I couldn't agree more.

    I just discovered your blog and so so glad I did! What a lovely little corner of the internet you have here! :)

    xoxo
    Nat

    Modern Buttercup

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this post! I love to celebrate as well!

    I just joined your site and I can't wait to read your posts! :)

    Come say hi!
    http://a-long-distance-love.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful post :)

    And I would love to have a "grass under my feet" party. Haha

    ReplyDelete
  9. yes! i love any reason to celebrate! ask my husband and he will say that same thing (word for word) i love parties and treats. it is good to remember that every day is a gift!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine would say the same! I've decided to start making cupcakes more often just for fun. I'll just blame the extra calories on celebrating life :)

      Delete

say whatcha need to say.