Image Map

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Happy February!

We're officially one full month into two-thousand and thirteen.  Am I the only one who feels like this is crazy?!
We were on our honeymoon on January 1st, so I didn't do my usual planning, dreaming, and goal outlining that normally accompanies the first day of a new year.  However, as much as I love list making and journaling and all that goes along with making new year resolutions, there was no way I could let that pass me by.  While the beginning of the year certainly is not the only time to make changes or set goals, it definitely has a feeling of newness and motivation that can be hard to come by, so I didn't want to miss out.

While I love resolutions, for me they have the tendency to fall apart a few weeks after I make them, leaving me feeling guilty rather than actually accomplishing anything.  I tend to start out trying to make a few resolutions and end up trying to revamp my whole entire life, which inevitably ends in failure.  This year, I decided to make a list of aspirations rather than resolutions.  I sat down with my journal and a cup of coffee and asked--how do I want to live in 2013?  I came up with a list of aspirations for myself.  A list of what I am aspiring to do, the person I am aspiring to be.  Here's what I came up with:

WRITE.
write more.  blog.  actually finish projects.  research writing.  read about writing.  write about writing.  write everyday.  write when I feel like it, and even more importantly, write when I don't feel like it.  chase after my writing dreams like I have no reason not to.  because really, I don't.

LIVE.
live each day to the fullest.  adventure daily.  really, truly experience life. squeeze every single day for all that it is worth.

LOVE.
let every single thing I do be completely saturated in love.

BE ORGANIZED.
I love organization.  I love planners.  I love lists.  and somehow, regardless of all these things, I am completely and utterly unorganized in many areas of my life.  this year, I will try to be better.  I will prioritize and plan.

BE THE BEST WIFE.
I want my husband to feel like the luckiest guy in the world every time he thinks of me.

CREATE.
dream.  make.  craft.  write.  blog.  live each day full of creativity, and create things that make me happy.


BE MYSELF.
be one hundred percent me, one hundred percent of the time.  be exactly who I want to be.  I am enough.


BECOME A BETTER ME. 
don't strive to change myself, but rather to better the self that I already am.  be healthier, both physically and spiritually. 

Eight little things that define how I want to live in 2013.  I've made them pretty and put them where I can see them everyday so that I will constantly be reminded of what I want to get out of this year.  

What about you?  What aspirations or goals have you set for yourself in 2013?

"The only person you should try to be better than, 
is the person you were yesterday."

xo, 
chelsea







3 comments:

  1. happy February, friend!! amazing goals :) xoxo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooohhhh i love these.
    you little crafter you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know, time is going by so quick! I love your goals for the new year, and hope you can follow them. I definitely am hoping to create more, get healthier, and take more adventures this year!

    ReplyDelete

say whatcha need to say.