Image Map

Tuesday, October 28, 2014

13 Reasons You Should be Listening to Taylor Swift Right Now.

1. She gives you confidence to not care what other people say about you--and to maybe even tell them you don't care. People were making fun of her for being a bad dancer. So what does she do? Releases a music video of herself dancing. Boom. She knows how to laugh at herself, and it's awesome.


2. She gives you creative ways to say mean things about your exes, and to sound really cool while doing it.

"People like you always want back the love they pushed aside, but people like me are gone forever when you say goodbye."


3. She knows not all break-ups are bitter. 

"I wish we could go back and remember what we were fighting for and I wish you knew that I miss you too much to be mad anymore."

"How you kissed me when I was in the middle of saying something, there's not a day I don't miss those rude interruptions."

4. Need to feel nostalgic? She's got you covered. 

"Wasn't it easier in your lunchbox days? Always a bigger bed to crawl into. Wasn't it beautiful when you believed in everything and everybody believed in you?"

"Take pictures in your mind of your childhood room. Memorize what it sounded like when your dad gets home. Remember the footsteps, remember the words said, and all your little brother's favorite songs."

5. No matter who you are, you can relate to her songs. Sure, you may not be 22, but you know you've wanted to dress up like a hipster. And even if you're going to lie and say you haven't, you've most definitely wanted to eat breakfast at midnight.

6. She owns up to making mistakes that we've all made, usually for the same reasons. 

"I'd be smart to walk away, but you're quicksand."

"My mind forgets to remind me that you're a bad idea."

"I thought, "Heaven help me now, nothing lasts forever, but this is gonna take me down. He's so tall and handsome..."

7. Sometimes she can describe what happened in your relationship better than you can. 

"This is looking like a contest of who can act like they care less."

"You held your pride like you should have held me."

8. Exes aren't the only thing she covers--she also gives you song lyrics to blare about the mean girls in your life. 

"Soon she's gonna find stealing other people's toys on the playground won't make you many friends. She should keep in mind there is nothing I do better than revenge."

"It's so sad to think about the good times, you and I...So take a look at what you've done, 'cause baby now we got bad blood."

9. Homegirl can write a heart-wrenching break-up song. 

"After plaid shirt days and nights when you made me your own, now you mail back my things and I walk home alone. But you keep my old scarf from that very first week, 'cause it reminds you of innocence and it smells like me. You can't get rid of it, 'cause you remember it all too well." I MEAN, HELLO.

10. But you don't need to linger on those break-up songs, because she's got plenty of songs to make you feel super confident. 

"So it's gonna be forever, or it's gonna go down in flames. You can tell me when it's over if the high was worth the pain. Got a long list of ex lovers, they'll tell you I'm insane. 'Cause you know I love the players, and you love the game."

"But you'll come back each time you leave, 'cause darling, I'm a nightmare dressed like a daydream."

11. She can WRITE. Whether you like her music or not, there's no denying she's a freakishly talented lyricist.

12. Sometimes, she just nails how you're feeling. 

 Said every person in their twenties, ever.

13. She changes. In a world where people are quick to judge you when you make changes in your life, or to call you a copycat or ask why you're so different now, it's nice to see someone in the spotlight change so much and own up to it.

Her closing line of her forward says, "From the girl who said she would never cut her hair or move to New York or find happiness in a world where she is not in love." We've all said "nope, never" about something and then done it anyway, and maybe even loved it. Her new music reminds you that's okay.

Have you listened to her new album yet? Are you a fan or no? 

38 comments:

  1. I think you know how I feel about all of this. Yes, yes and yes!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! My husband can't stand her, ha! I bet her new cd is good!! I watched her on Ellen yesterday, & it was so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome post. I know people hate on Tswift, but homegirl knows who she is and doesn't apologize for not pleasing everyone. She's given a heart sick teenager an anthem and helped a young 20s girl find her footing. Keep rocking tswift, keep rocking!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm obsessing over 1989. It's SO good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it. I've always been a T.Swift fan, she's too much my spirit animal for me not to be!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love TS! Such a cute post! I saw her in concert a few years back and thought she performed awesome whether she has dancing skills or not.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm going to be listening to this CD for at least the rest of the year. Pretty sure tour dates need to be released nowww!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love me some T.Swift and don't care who knows! You picked out some of my favorite lyrics too! Here's to continuing to rock out to Taylor Swift and livin the lessons learned.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Taylor Swift is amazing! She is so positive and I love her songs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love T Swizzle! My CD got delayed :( it's coming today though thankfully, I can't wait to listen. I love that she owns who she is, changes and all.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm not a lover of Taylor, but you can't deny her ability to write a song. She is so damn good at it. And I do like her new album. I don't love every song, but they are catchy and they help with the boring cube days.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So. on. point. Her new album is the best she's done and she's come so far. I feel like a proud mother! haha

    ReplyDelete
  13. ALL OF THIS. I just love her to death.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is such a fun post! I am definitely a fan! Every single one of her songs gets stuck in my head, and I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Total fan, I've seen all her tours and can't wait for this one! She is one talented chick ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just recently decided that I really like her, after being a hater for many years. Girl is an excellent business woman, has her stuff together and is awesome with her fans.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm eating my words and starting to love her again! I had a few months where I could NOT stand her or her music and now I'm all like give me all the Taylor!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love this post! I am a huge Taylor fan and totally got the new album blaring!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have the new album downloaded but I didn't get a chance to listen to it because my bluetooth in my car wanted to be a jerk this morning. I agree though, she is fantastic at writing songs and I hate how people hate her without a reason.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I haven't listened to the new album yet, but I can't wait to get it! I have always been a Taylor fan. Sure she's not the most vocally talented person on the planet, but she can write like nobody's business and I think she's a great role model for young girls, and I really appreciate her for being a role model among so much peer pressure and partying.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love Taylor Swift! Haters gonna hate, potatoes gonna potate.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love her new CD so much. She's really relatable!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I can't wait to go get her new CD. Her words are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  24. You had me laughing at some of these. Okay okay. I am putting her on spotify now.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Okay, I am so far behind I have only heard shake it off. I KNOW. im working on it. I promise.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I absolutely LOVE Taylor Swift!! Although I haven't listened to her new album yet because it only came out in hard copy yesterday where I live, and was sold out by the time I got there... And I refuse to listen to it til I have those polaroids and that lyric book. Ahhh I can't wait. But yess everything you said is so true and some of those new lyrics are looking spectacular. I can't wait!! New follower to this amazing blog xx

    -M
    The Life of Little Me

    ReplyDelete
  27. I struggle with Taylor Swift because everything about her I shouldn't like (I'm more of a rock music kind of girl) but there's something about her... she's like a magnet!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I think she is amazing. Have you seen her on the Voice? Girl knows her music! :) I have yet to buy her new album. Do you love it?

    ReplyDelete
  29. P.S. I don't know how long your blog has had its new look, but I absolutely love it! XO

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love T Swift so much. I don't understand people that don't love her.

    ReplyDelete
  31. I haven't heard her new album yet--but I've always been a big T. Swift fan. :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Wonderful post! I love it! I haven't picked up her new album yet, but that's only because I have a couple of audiobooks that I need to finish soon because they're from the library and are due soon. I know that if I get her album, it's all I'll be listening to.

    ReplyDelete
  33. i love this! i can listen to her songs over and over again and still find some lyric that relates to whatever i'm feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  34. This is a great post! I bought her new album - the exclusive Target version - and I LOVE it! It's the first TS album I've purchased. And I was just thinking today on my way to work, as it replayed for the umpteenth time, how much she has grown and changed. And how she owns it. And you're absolutely right, she's a damn good lyricist! She can write and speak to people's hearts. She can make us feel good and confident. She shares her pain and admits mistakes. It's refreshing. No matter if you love her or hate her.

    ReplyDelete
  35. I'm a huge TSwift fan and I love this post!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Girl, I haven't been a T Swift fan before this album. But I finally caved and bought it this week and I haven't listened to anything else since I got it. I am loving it :)))

    ReplyDelete

say whatcha need to say.