Image Map

Thursday, April 18, 2013

That will be my life.


I love decorating. 
I love pink.
I love cupcakes and polka dots and lip gloss.
I love sparkles.
I love pretty.

I love getting on pinterest or looking at house magazines and finding new ways to make things pretty around my house.

This probably comes from growing up in a house with my mom (who, as I have told you before, is Martha Stewart 2.0) who decorated for any little holiday, party, sports event, you name it.  I love decorating my house because I love for things to be beautiful.

I saw this quote last week:



I love it.

And it made me think of how I want to make everything around me beautiful.
Not just in my home, but in every area of my life.
How would I do that?
How do you do that?

Is it possible to bring beauty to the grocery store or the gas station?
Or working, can that be beautiful?
Is it possible to make the mundane beautiful?
Can washing dishes be beautiful?

I say yes.

There are things in your everyday life that are just going to happen.
You will do laundry and grocery shopping.
You will do the dishes.
You will go to work.
You will run into happy people, and you will run into rude people.
You have responsibilities to take care of every single day, because this is life and that is what you do.

Why not make it beautiful?

Make it beautiful with your favorite song.
With a smile to the person who cut you off.
Make it beautiful by letting go of the things you cannot change.
Make it beautiful by loving yourself,
And loving those who don’t deserve it.
Make your home beautiful, by all means.
I recommend pink and sparkles and happy looking decorations for anything.
But let that go beyond your home décor.
Let that feeling of pretty seep into you.
Let the sensation of beauty carry over into every area of your life.
Where you not only make your life beautiful, but other’s as well.
Where you make everything around you beautiful.

This is life.
You are living it right now as you read this.
When you finish reading this, you will still be living life.
I hope that you choose to make the life you have been given beautiful.
It is much more enjoyable that way.

 "I am going to make everything around me beautiful--that will be my life."
-Elsie De Wolfe

9 comments:

  1. Love, love, LOVE this! There IS beauty in the ordinary, and I'm going to start looking for it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are just too adorable! I love pink, decorating EVERYTHING, and I am determined to make everything around me beautiful too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was such a lovely read! Visiting and following from Olive & Ivy :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Chelsea! Found your blog from Olive & Ivy. I absolutely love it. So pretty and inspirational. Especially this post - there is beauty all around us, we just need to take a moment to find it and enjoy it.

    Happy Friday!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the blog! I'm coming from Olive & Ivys blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree one hundred percent! Also, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, so change your perspective sometimes. Look at things that are often neglected for forgotten, and think about their perspective. The more you understand about something (or someone), the more beautiful it becomes.

    Sue // Chevron & Lace


    ReplyDelete
  7. I completely agree! Every breath that we breathe is beautiful, so why not acknowledge and appreciate that? Life is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i totally love pinterest too.

    i'm a new follower.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm a new follower and was doing a little blog stalking and fell in love with this post! I love everything about it. I am on my way to make doing dishes and laundry beautiful! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

say whatcha need to say.