Image Map

Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Spending Your September: A To-Do List for Adventuring Through This Month.

You have twenty days left in September. The only September 2014 there will ever, ever be. How will you spend them? I've got some suggestions.



1. Go for a walk. Enjoy the last bit of summertime weather.

2. Break out some pumpkin decorations. You know you want to.

3. Watch Elizabethtown. It's on Netflix instant-watch and it's the perfect fall movie.

4. Try your hand at a homemade pumpkin spice latte. 

5. Buy the 5-pack of pumpkin candles at Wal-Mart. It's ten dollars for five candles and your house will smell like a fall wonderland.

6. Sit down with a cup of coffee and journal about what you want this fall to look like. What are your dreams for September and October and November? What do you hope happens? What do you want to accomplish? Write it all down.

7. Start a Bible reading plan. This is a good place to start.

8. Spend a day listening to music that is totally abnormal for you. Ask a friend who has polar-opposite tastes for some recommendations.

9. Start a fall Pinterest board.

10. Plan a completely homemade date night. For your date, your best friend, your spouse, or just yourself. Cook an appetizer, meal, and dessert from scratch. (The fall pinterest board will help here!) Enjoy your hard work. Leave the dishes for the morning.

11. Push yourself at least once. Workout for two minutes longer than you thought was possible. Stay up later so you can be productive. Go a whole day without soda. Just do it.

12. Watch a sunrise. Welcome the day with coffee in hand.

13. Watch a sunset. Toast the day with champagne in hand.

14. Take a day off and don't check your email one. single. time.

15. Curl up in bed and watch the pilot of a show you've never seen before. Bonus points if you make popcorn. NOTE: I have several recommendations for this. Holla atcha girl if you need some.

16. Listen to an audiobook while you clean your house. Ditto on the recommendations.

17. Make someone's day. With a love note, a cup of coffee, surprise flowers, anything. It's pretty cool knowing someone is going to have a much better day because of you.

18. Write something creative. A story, a poem, a song. You never have to show anyone, but use your imagination and make some pretty words happen.

19. Remind someone you love of your favorite memory with them. Pick up the phone and reminisce.

20. Say something positive about yourself out loud. To yourself, your dog, the mailman. Doesn't matter. Just use your own words to remind yourself of how awesome you really are.

How are you spending your September? 


28 comments:

  1. Ok - I LOVE this list. It's the perfect blend of authentic and not cheesy that gets me excited. I'm printing this sucker out and hanging it on the wall! ;)

    And I will now be accepting recommendations for audiobooks - GO!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a beautiful list! so many happy things i may just have to start tackling this soon. xo

    cheshirekatblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great list! It put me in the best mood. Lots of great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always love your ideas on how to make the most out of each season. I watched the sunrise this morning (and yesterday morning) and it just energized me (the coffee was helpful too, of course). I also have to sit down and journal about my ideal fall, dreaming it up is the only way to make it happen!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all your lists. They always make me smile, laugh, and inspire me! Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this idea of adventuring through september and all of your ideas...

    ReplyDelete
  7. My commute is about 45 minutes each way. I love listening to audio books on my drive.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a great list! September is probably my favorite time of year; there's just something so inspiring about it to me. I'm going to give some of these a try for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a perfect little list, I'll be doing some for sure. "Make someones day" is my favorite one :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Excellent list of excellent suggestions! When you put it that way, that September 2014 is the one and only ever I start to panic a bit. Haha

    ReplyDelete
  11. you bet i want to break out my pumpkin decorations!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this list! And I think I need to find those candles! My house needs to smell like fall ASAP!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your ideas are so wonderful! Now all I want to do is light a bunch of pumpkin candles and curl watch a new TV show.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is such a great list!! It's everything fall & I can't wait to get started!

    xo, B
    www.BKCsquared.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I eat pumpkin everything in the fall!! And I agree about Elizabethtown.

    ReplyDelete
  16. this is a great list - it sounds like i need to get those amazing candles!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Walmart candles are my JAM! I have the pumpkin ones right now and I die over them. Love! I also like the idea of swearing off email for and entire day, maybe I'l try that this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  18. These are some great ideas! I'm so glad to know I'm not the only one who loves Elizabethtown.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is why you are totally awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love this post! I have already done several items you listed, and plan on trying the rest (including hitting you up for recommendations)! Thanks for the ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh I love this, I may have to do some of these!

    ReplyDelete
  22. You are such an inspiration lady!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I needed this inspiration today :) Thank you!! (And YES to Elizabethtown! One of my all time favorites ever, ever, EVER.)

    ReplyDelete
  24. I need to put together a fall list. :) I loved elizabethtown. I didn't remember it being tied to fall.. but I loved the road trip he took and how she put together a timed playlist / guide. I've always wanted to put together something like that.

    ReplyDelete

say whatcha need to say.