Image Map

Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Goodbye February, Hello March.


I love the feeling of a fresh month. I know we get them twelve times a year, but I still think they feel so new and full of possibility and motivation every time they roll around. 

So cheers to sending February off and welcoming March with lots of motivation and sunshine.  

Goodbye, February.

Goodbye, three days of winter. You tried, Florida, you tried. 

Goodbye, going to the store for cleaning supplies. This may not seem like a big deal, but I'm married to someone who works with disgusting stuff in the hospital before coming home, and I have a toddler and a dog. Read: I use a lot of cleaning supplies. I just found out that my favorite Target brand of cleaner (Method) is also sold on Amazon. 

If you're a cleaning supplies junkie like me, this is my favorite one. It makes your house smell like a margarita, so, yes. This one also makes everything smell so fresh and clean.

Goodbye, feeling guilty for not getting more stuff done. I am so over this. I've decided to just stop. I'll let you know if that's how it actually works. If you're in the same boat with me, let me tell you what I've been repeating to myself: If you are doing your best, you are doing enough. There will always be more to do, but spending time feeling guilty only wastes the time that you do have.


Hello, March. 

Hello, toddlerhood. Jack can walk now and I don't think it will ever get old or stop being funny. Last night, Chris and I were walking from one room to another and Jack just got up and started walking with us. I laughed so hard, because it just seems so weird! Just three humans walking into a room. I don't think that's going to stop being weird to me anytime soon. 

Hello, thankfulness. I kind of touched on this yesterday, but I'm really working hard to make this a season of thankfulness. Our lifestyle (read: Chris being in residency), makes it very easy to be negative and overwhelmed. Really, any lifestyle makes it easy to focus on those things. I think it's up to us to shift our focus and think about the good things, the happy things, the thankful things. Or it's up to me, at least. So I will. 

Hello, vacation planning. We are within three months, people. Time to start planning! Any suggestions for good vacations in May/June when you have a one-year-old? 

What are you saying goodbye and hello to this month?
 photo signature.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

say whatcha need to say.