Image Map

Friday, March 3, 2017

Coming in Live.


Today is one of those rare days where I woke up early on my own, Jack is still sleeping, and I can sit here with a cup of coffee and just write a post for today. Live stream, if you will. And whoa, is this what blogging was like when I first started and didn't know that you could schedule posts and had all the free time ever? Miss you, 20-year-old Chelsea. But not that much. 


We took Jack to Universal last weekend. He loved the barney show, and laughed and clapped and it killed me. Then we let him actually walk around his area and that killed me, too. Straight to the heart. How is it possible to love someone so much that just watching them be happy makes you want to burst into tears? Life is weird. And good. 

Just to touch on how absolutely INSANE time is, these pictures were taken a year apart in the same place: 


And now...


He's way more fun at Universal now. Way more work, but way more fun. 

In other breaking news that you clearly need to know about, I deep cleaned my house yesterday with all of my new favorite cleaners I mentioned last week, and oh my goodness everything smells so good. I got the clementine cleanergrapefruit cleaner, and sea salt and lime cleaner. Basically, my house smells like a tropical vacation and I'm all about that. 


It's March, which means we're coming up on a year from Match Day. I'll write more about that soon, I'm sure, but it's already given me all of the feelings. I posted this on instagram because the date reminded me that a year ago, I was hysterically panicking over where we were going to live. I was trying to take care of a newborn baby and trying to make deals with God and trying to not just full on lose it on a daily basis. I was terrified of ending up in some snowy tundra (my love for Florida runs deeeeep), far away from family and with no friends. And then, a year later, here I am. Reading a book by my perfect little pool in my perfect little neighborhood in my perfect town in Florida. Sometimes life doesn't work out how you wanted, and that sucks. But sometimes, on rare occasion, it works out exactly as you had hoped. And I'll never stop being thankful for that. 

Happy Friday, friends. I hope you have the best weekend. I'm learning lately that the best things in life are really just collections of little moments, so I hope that your weekend is full of perfect little moments. Hot coffee and a good show and a neighborhood walk and a trip to your favorite store. Warm dinner and clean sheets and a good conversation. The best little things. 

 photo signature.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

say whatcha need to say.