Image Map

Monday, July 17, 2017

It's Worth the Hassle.


I'm back from the best road trip ever, and I can't wait to write all about it and post entirely too many pictures. But today, I just wanted to pop in with a little peptalk about what this trip taught me. 

It would have been easier to not go. It would have been easier to not find childcare and not drive all of the miles and spend all of the money. I'd be better rested today had I stayed home. Maybe I'd be over this sore throat that's been hanging around for three weeks. It would have been easier to say, "Let's try for next year!" But then the last five days wouldn't have happened, and I wouldn't have woken up today feeling so full of life. 

Yeah, I'm exhausted, but I also had one of the most adventurous weeks of my life with one of my best friends. We made a thousand memories that I know we'll re-tell over and over and laugh about for years to come. And when I think about living a full life, that's what I think about. Not being well-rested and having lots of money saved and being ahead on my to-do list, but having an overflow of laughter-inducing memories with friends, adventures worth dreaming about, making slightly questionable decisions that turn into the best stories. 

There's a lot of focus on self-care lately, the kind where you take bubble baths and lounge around in your PJs watching Netflix. And yes, that's so important. But honestly, I think this is another kind of self-care. Getting out and being adventurous and reminding yourself that you are alive, that you've got a life to live and fill with stories and memories and adventures. 

So if you've been thinking about doing something lately-whether it's going on a road trip or starting a new business venture or putting yourself out there in a new way-and are wondering if it's worth all the extra hassle, maybe it is. Maybe you'll have the best week of your life. Maybe all those late nights getting ready to launch your new business will be worth it. Maybe that first date will turn into something wonderful. Maybe that vacation will end up being just what you need. 

It will always be easier not to. But easy and amazing aren't the same things. 

And, after all, you'll never know if you don't just go for it. 
 photo signature.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

say whatcha need to say.