Image Map

Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Let's Have Coffee.


If we were having coffee (and a donut, let's be honest) today, I'd have a weird smorgasbord of things to tell you. Like... 

...Being a mom is weird. Having this human life that you're supposed to take care of and mold is a bizarre thing. I think all the time as I'm taking care of Jack, you are an entire life. You will grow up and have a life and make choices and build something for yourself, and I get to teach you how. I want him to grow up to be strong and independent, I want to protect him from every little thing. I assume this balance only gets harder as he gets older, but when things like Charlottesville happen, I think a lot about this. Nothing makes me so fiercely determined to teach him what's good and what's not, to teach him to be brave and stand up against the not okay things, and to teach him to let his life speak of love, not hate. What a privilege it is to get to teach those things. 

...It amazes me how small the world is, how intertwined everything is, and how quickly things can change. I wrote about it here, but I met my friend Sam in college because she needed a place to crash (and then just never left). We then both ended up in Gainesville a few years later. Without her, I never would have been brave enough to go on a blogging trip, and I never would have made the connections I made to go back for a second round. If I wouldn't have gone back, I wouldn't have made the two other friendships I did. 
We're all in a group text, and one girl texted yesterday asking us to pray for a big meeting she had. It wasn't an off-the-cuff, "pray for me haha!" It was a real, hey I need your prayers and I know you'll give them to me kind of thing. After I prayed for her, I kind of just marveled at how things lined up just so and I was able to meet these people at this time in this place. It's a small world. 
Sometimes the cycle of, if this never would've happened then this wouldn't have happened and then this would be different sucks, and feels like life is just beating you up. But sometimes that cycle is really, really good. 

...No matter how many planners I try, I always come back to daily to-do lists in a plain notebook. There's something therapeutic about seeing everything I need to accomplish written down. Will I stop buying planners, though? Of course not. 

...In a plot twist TOTALLY unlike myself, I'm not ready to say goodbye to summer and hello to fall yet. I usually am cooking all the pumpkin things and putting out the scarecrows on August 1st, but this year I'm just craving summer for a little bit longer. I am going to Hobby Lobby this week, though, so that may change. Stay tuned. 

Your turn! Grab a cup and tell me what's going on with you! 
 photo signature.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

say whatcha need to say.