Image Map

Tuesday, September 5, 2017

If I Could Tell You Anything...


I love blogging. Blogging is also super weird. There are these little communities of people who talk about serious things and shallow things, about book reviews and politics, about Amazon orders and coffee dates. Friendships are made and careers are created. It's pretty magical what we can do with our words. 

Sometimes when I really think about that, think about how blogs host our words for anyone to read, I think about the kinds of things I want to say. I think about if I was looking at you, face to face, what would I want to tell you? 

If I could tell you anything today...

...I'd tell you that you can make it through the hard things you're going through. And that sometimes actually believing that is the hardest part. 

...I'd tell you to stop giving so much thought to what other people might think about you. You took a selfie that you're really feeling yourself in? Post it. Worried someone will say you're a conceited millennial? Let them. I say the fact that you feel confident enough today to share a picture of your face is awesome. Want to get a haircut that stopped being cool a little while ago? It's your hair. Cut it. Want to start selling something but worried that your friends will make fun of you for selling Scentsy/LuLaRoe/Plexus/Monat? WHO CARES? If it makes you happy, do it. 

...I'd tell you to stop apologizing for what you like and stop pretending you like things that you don't. It is really and truly okay that you love Taco Bell and hate green juice. The world will keep spinning, I promise. 

...I'd tell you that until you are actually dead, it's never too late to start over and no situation is truly hopeless. As long as there is breath in your lungs, your dreams and your happiness are a possibility. 

...I'd tell you that you are not too much. The bright hair colors, the loud opinions, the strong political stances, the way you can eat an entire pizza by yourself, the way you absolutely slay solo karaoke on every drive. Never too much. 

...I'd tell you that you are amazing. Today and every day. It's okay if you woke up feeling like crap, you're still you, and you are amazing. 
 photo signature.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

say whatcha need to say.