Image Map

Monday, September 25, 2017

What September Taught Me.


That I take entirely too many things for granted. Electricity, air conditioning, being able to fill my car up with gas anytime I want to go somewhere...the hurricane made me realize how much I miss these things when I don't have them, which also made me realized I need to acknowledge how blessed I am to have these things most of the time. More thankfulness, every day. 

That today, it is very easy to show that you care about someone. We live in an age where being there for each other is so easy to do and takes such minimal effort-a quick text to say hi, a snapchat saying I miss you, a funny meme sent to cheer them up when you know they're having a bad day-but it still takes effort. I want to take advantage of the day and age I live in by using it to better love people. 

That I feel better, look better, AM better when I work out. There is literally no reason to not do this. 

That sometimes, you need to blow off "important" things for what's really important. Once I got power back on, I made a list that went well beyond one page. I needed to clean my house and do all the laundry ever and go grocery shopping and catch up on emails and and and and anddddd. But my best friend still didn't have power, so she came to me, and instead of my to-do list, I ate comfort food and watched bad TV and hung out with her. I got nothing done, but was so refreshed the next day, and that is exactly what I needed after such a stressful week. 

That it's so important to make time and space for what you love. I got back to creative writing just a little bit this month with this and it felt so good. I love writing, it's a part of me, and I need to make more time for it. The things that make you feel more alive? You need to make time for those. They're important. 

What did this month teach you?

 photo signature.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

say whatcha need to say.