Image Map

Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Spending August: A To-Do List For Adventuring Through Your Month.


HAPPY AUGUST!! Are you wishing fall here or wishing for more summer?? I've always been one to wish it was fall as soon as August came, but being in Florida, summer is here for a bit longer. I'm going to enjoy every bit of that!

Team fall or team summer, here are some suggestions on how you should spend your brand new month: 
  • Text your friends and ask how they are. I had a pretty awful day yesterday. As I'm writing this, my best friend (who was there for said day) texted me and asked how I was doing. That makes me feel so freaking loved and seen. Do that for your people! 
  • Go to the beach. Seriously, just go. You've been saying you will. Summer is winding down, it's happening. Rent a cheap air bnb, leave after work on Friday, and go sit your butt in the sand. You'll feel better.
  • Rent a carpet cleaner. This may not sound fun, but there it is AMAZING how much cleaner and more peaceful your house feels with clean carpets. We recently bought this one and I'm obsessed with it. 
  • Get your eyebrows tinted. If you fill in your eyebrows, do this. I got mine done (it's only $8!) and haven't touched an eyebrow pencil all week!
  • Enjoy an afternoon iced coffee. My favorite: Coffee, ice, coconut milk (the good, thick kind from a can), and cinnamon. Easy peasy. 
  • Make grilled pizzas. Food photographer I am not, but look how delicious this looks:
  • Watch a comedy. There's a bunch of good comedies on Netflix right now!
  • Raid the back to school supplies. No other time of the year will you have such an extensive selection of pens at your disposal. 
  • Get a new planner. On that note: Does anyone have suggestions for planners that have a whole page per day? I can't with these planners that give you like two inches to write out your whole day!
  • For a week, replace a meal or snack with a smoothie. Not a diet smoothie, a good for you smoothie. Packed with fruits and veggies and lots of goooood calories. I HIGHLY recommend blender bombs. They're changing my life over here. 
  • Send a thank you card. Target dollar spot always has the cutest thank you cards. Who doesn't love getting a pretty card in the mail?
  • Get an ice roller. Seriously the most refreshing thing to have in the morning! 
  • Write down three things you'd like to accomplish before the year is over. Put them somewhere you will see them every day. You have five months, you can do this!
  • Go to the fanciest grocery store in your town. Even just to browse!
  • Read (or listen to!) Girl, Wash Your Face. I know I sound like a broken record about this book. But it's truly changed my life, and I want everyone to hear about it!
How will you be spending your August?
 photo signature.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

say whatcha need to say.