Image Map

Thursday, September 27, 2018

The Last 90 Days Challenge.


GUYS. October is almost here. The kickoff of the best three months of the year! Annnnd the kickoff of The Last 90 Days challenge! Ever heard of it?

My Rachel Hollis obsession runs deep, so when I heard about The Last 90 Days challenge, I knew it was something I wanted to participate in. You can read more about it here, but here's a snippet:

"What if you committed to living your last 90 days of this year as hard as you are committing to living the first 30 days of the new year? What if instead of a downhill slide into 2019, you are ramping up!"

Okay, YES. I am so guilty of treating the last little bit of 2018 like a downhill slide because, "it's the holidays" and also because the promise of January and fresh starts are hovering near. I eat like crap, I slack on my workouts and general self-care because of all the busyness of the end of the year, and I'm definitely not the best version of myself. 

Why? Why do I treat the last three months of the year - my self-proclaimed best three months of the year - like they don't really matter? That's so silly! But it must be something we all do, because let's be honest, when's the last time you heard someone say, "Alright, Thanksgiving is right around the corner - time to get in shape, ladies!" No! We save the best versions of ourselves for new years and summers. This is dumb. 

Not this year. I'm not doing it. Do I love the promise and motivation a fresh year brings? You bet. But you know what else I love? Feeling good today. Making progress today. Tomorrow's not promised, but today seems to be here, doesn't it? 

In a nutshell, the challenge is about doing 5 things. They are:

1) Get up an hour earlier than you normally do and use that time for YOURSELF || My sleep schedule is so sporadic (because 1) Toddler, and 2) Insomnia) so I'm gonna take this one and change it to wake up by ___ every day (which will not be hard) AND SERIOUSLY COMMIT TO USING THAT TIME FOR MYSELF (which will be hard). 

Normally, my morning turns into a rushed, jumbled few hours and all of the sudden it's 11:00 and I'm already exhausted. The next three months, I'm going to take the first hour I'm awake and use it for myself...drink coffee, read a book, read my Bible, meditate, breathe...no rushing. 

2) Workout for at least thirty minutes || While this seemed overwhelming to me at first, I'm going to do it. On the days I don't feel up to getting a full-on workout in, I'm going to go for a 30-minute walk. Getting outside and getting fresh air? It does wonders for my body and brain. 

3) Drink half your body weight in ounces of water each day || I already drink more than this on a daily basis, so I'm good here. But if you don't, GET ON IT. Staying hydrated is life changing, who knew?

4) Give up one food category you know you shouldn't be eating || I'm still trying to decide what to do for this one! Any suggestions? 

5) Write down ten things you're grateful for every single day || I've been doing this for the last month or so and it's seriously incredible...but I've gotten so bad about remembering. The days I do it, it shifts my attitude and mindset almost instantly. I'm looking forward to how 90 days of it will change me! 

So! What do you think? Sound like something that would benefit you? Let me know if you do it so we can cheer each other on! And, even if this doesn't sound like something you're into, I really encourage you to make a conscious effort to live the last 90 days of 2018 well. Take care of yourself, take care of your health, be a really good version of yourself. The holidays are truly the best time, but they'll be better if you're also the best, yeah? 

 photo signature.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

say whatcha need to say.