Image Map

Wednesday, August 21, 2019

Six Things I Do Every Single Day That Make My Life Better.


I want to start this off by painting a picture of my current life for you. I am in the trenches of toddlerhood, y'all. I also work (like, an actual job that requires me to do actual things) from home. My house is never all clean at once. I am rarely dressed with my hair and makeup done. My to-do list overflows to the next day 110% of the time. No matter what my intentions are in the morning, I end most days as a passenger on the hot mess express. It's just what this season of life looks like.

I say that so you don't think I have this routine where I wake up in my Pinterest perfect home (lol, no) that's nice and clean (also no) and do these things stress-free while looking like an instagram model (lolzzz never). 

It's more like, I do these things every day, often in my pajamas, in a messy house, in between doing dishes and emails and FaceTime meetings and fixing snacks and phone calls. 

But I do them. 

Every day.

1. Drink alllll the water. || So much freakin' water. Have a headache? Drink water. Skin breaking out? Chug some water. Have a project due that you haven't started yet? Girrrrrl you better hydrate. I feel 100% better when I drink enough water. 

2. Practice Gratitude. || A list of five things I'm grateful for, from that day, every single day. When I start my day from this perspective, I'm more open to the good that day has to offer. Gratitude changes your perspective. 

3. Move Intentionally. || I really wanna say workout, but I definitely don't workout every day. But even on the days I don't workout, I make sure to spend at least a few minutes moving my body on purpose. Whether it's an actual workout or just going for a walk, I make sure I don't spend the entire day in one place (which, when you work from home, can be really easy to do). 

4. Skincare. || I have finally realized that if I am not nice to my skin, it will not be nice to me. I don't fall asleep with makeup on anymore. My skincare routine is a few minutes of self-care that benefits me in the moment and in the long run. These are the products I use, if you're curious.

5. Reflect. || I'm gonna put a whole post together just on this topic, but this is often my favorite part of my day. I ask myself two questions: 1) How was yesterday? 2) How will today be better? I reflect on the highs and lows of the day before, then I dive into how I hope I will be better today. 

6. Inspire. || This world can be a dark place, guys. If you're a caring person, it can really weigh you down. It's so important to make sure you're feeding yourself inspiration and staying centered on the good. Ways I do this: Devotions in the Bible app (you can find short little notes about any topic you can think of), reviewing my notes from things that have inspired me (Like Rise Conference), looking at content from people I admire (Mel Robbins, Rachel Hollis, John Maxwell, etc.), and reading books that encourage to me.

These things are so simple and all make the biggest difference. My days are better when I do them. My life is better when I do them. 

I've learned that if I wait until I have my life together to do things that are good for me, I'll never do them. If I wait until my house and hair are clean on the same day to practice gratitude, there would never be another thankful list written again. 

No matter what season of life you're in, find a few things that make your days better. Maybe it's meditating, or taking a walk. Maybe it's reading before bed, or making yourself drink a green smoothie. Find things that you know make your life better, then actually do them. 

Whether your hair is clean or not. 
 photo signature.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

say whatcha need to say.