Image Map

Friday, July 5, 2013

Freedom.

I had an amazing time celebrating yesterday, as I know the majority of America did.
my amazing parents.

fourth of july snuggles. 

just chillin' in the pool, no big. 


Why did we celebrate?
Well, most of us were taking advantage of a day off.
But the reason we celebrate?
We celebrate our freedom.
We live in a beautiful and place were we have freedom that is not given in many other places because of the sacrifices that many made on our behalf.
So we celebrate.
We eat hotdogs and go swimming and watch fireworks and spend the day with the people we love.
Because we are free, and that is worth celebrating.

I had an amazing day yesterday, and I am so thankful for the freedom I have.
It made me think of how I am not only free because of the country I live in, but I am free in another aspect, too.
I have an ultimate freedom because of an ultimate sacrifice.

The Bible reminds us over and over again that we have freedom. That we have been set free.

I run in the path of Your commands, for You have set my heart free
-Psalm 119:32

So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed. 
-John 8:36

Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.
-2 Corinthians 3:17

It is for freedom that Christ has set us free.
-Galatians 5:1

In Him and through faith in Him we may approach God with freedom and confidence.
-Ephesians 3:12

I am so incredibly thankful for that freedom.  That is a freedom worth celebrating.  
Remember that.  
You have been given the incredibly precious gift of ultimate freedom. 
So celebrate.
Not just sometimes, on special occassions. 
Not just on Sundays. 
Live a life of celebration because of the freedom you have been given. 
Jesus didn't come so we could have stuffy, boring lives that don't really amount to anything. 
He came so we could have life. 
Not only life, but abundant life. 
And abundant life is worth celebrating. 
An abundant life is a life celebrated. 
So celebrate. 

6 comments:

  1. Love this!! Actually, love all your posts :) They're all written so well & meaningful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how your dog just chills in the pool like that! He looks perfectly content! Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great reminder! Love this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, your dog is adorable!
    Newest follower here :)

    xo,
    -Allie
    http://lunavida23.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. great to remember the reasons that we celebrate. and your pup is so adorable!! thanks for stopping by my blog and following yours now :)
    -- jackie @ jade and oak

    ReplyDelete

say whatcha need to say.