Image Map

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Higher than I.


There are days where I feel like where I want to be is so far away from where I actually am. 
Weeks that are so busy, I feel like I should receive a worst wife of the year award for all the things I didn't get done. 
Days where work is so stressful that when I finish for the day, I want to sleep for two days.
Where my to-do list and got-done list are vastly different in size.   
And sometimes, all of these things happen at once. 
And that, my friends, is what we call overwhelming.
Overwhelmed looks different for everyone, but it happens to all of us, every once in a while. 

It would be really cool if we could just talk about our dreams and go after them and reach them, all the while keeping up with our to-do lists and the rest of life like pros, and never ever feel overwhelmed.  
But I'm pretty sure that's impossible.
Something I do know, though, is this: when my heart is overwhelmed, there is a Rock higher than I. {Psalm 61:2}
He knows I'm overwhelmed, and He is there.  To listen, to encourage, to renew and refresh. 
In an overwhelming world, He is a steady foundation--those don't come along too often. 
This is an incredible gift we have been given. 
A constant in our busy lives.  A quiet place in the midst of a world that never stops making noise. 
And sometimes, we need that. 

If you're overwhelmed today, I hope you take refuge in a God that knows you inside and out, and is there for you every second of your incredibly busy day. 
And if you're not overwhelmed, remember to be thankful that we have such a God, and take a few moments to rest in Him anyway. 

I hope you all have an amazing Tuesday!  Head over to Chevron & Lace to enter to win yourself some pretty things!

8 comments:

  1. Favorite line: "Where my to-do list and got-done list are vastly different in size." Yeah. I can relate. Keep writing!

    Sue // Chevron & Lace


    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm definitely feeling that too lately. So much to do and so little time it seems. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks. I am feeling pretty overwhelmed today with something I just found out this morning. Needed this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think summer brings overwhelm-ness to a lot of us. I am for sure right there with ya. Too much all the time and I just want to crawl in a hole and sleep. Let me know if I can help you with anything!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I completely understand...love your encouragement though. Peace is greater than confusion!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes. This is truth and honesty and comfort. Thank you for sharing.

    Ellie
    www.ChoosingPeaceBlog.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I ADORE this verse. It's my background on my iPad

    ReplyDelete

say whatcha need to say.