Image Map

Saturday, August 31, 2013

Reverse Bucket List

When I saw The Lady Okie's post about this, I immediately thought it was genius.  I love the idea of bucket lists, but so often don't put something on there because it just seems sad to put something there that you're pretty sure will never happen.  Also, it's easy to look at other people's lives and feel jealous, but most of the time that's because we've forgotten all the good stuff we've already done.
So here are 47 things that if I would have made a bucket list 10 years ago, I probably should have put them on it.

The Reverse Bucket List: 


1. Graduated from high school with my A.A.

2. Flew in a plan that I was almost as tall as. 

 
3.  Seen the oldest church in the Bahamas. 

4.  Climbed a lighthouse in the bahamas.

5.  Stood in a window at the top of said lighthouse.

6. Gone treasure hunting in the Bahamas.


7.  Had bonfires on the beach. 

8.  Received many Christmas gifts like this from my mom. 

9.  Decorated cakes for Santa on Christmas Eve.  

10.  Seen the Universal Macy's Day Parade. 

11. Celebrated my birthday at Emeril's restaurant.

12.  Played cards with my pups. 

13.  Taken family photos in other countries. 

Seen this sign and still...

14. Went snorkeling in Ocala.

15.  Graduated College. 

16. Celebrated a year with Chris by climbing a lighthouse in St. Augustine, which happened to be infested with wasps when you got to the top. 

17.  Been on countless boating excursions with my family. 

 
18.  Saw One Republic at Universal with my brother. 

19. Saw One Republic, round two. 
20.  Went on a cruise.

21. Baked tons of mini pies for the best fall-themed wedding shower ever. 

22. Went to NYC and saw The Lion King on Broadway.

23. Rode with my little brother to my rehearsal dinner..where he stopped on the way to get sweet tea, even though we were late..and then turned around and went back when he discovered the sweet tea was rotten.  We listen to Grillz on repeat the entire time, and it was just what I needed to lighten up about the weekend. 

24. Went to Mood, Project Runway heaven.

25. Went to a silent headphone party in the middle of the street in New York. 

26. Eaten at In-N-Out burger with Meg.

27. Gotten fake tattoos in LA, also with Megan. 

28. Celebrated getting married with my best friends from all over. 

29. Gone to a Dodgers game. 

30. Jumped off cliffs in the great state of Arkansas. 

31. Seen Phillip Phillips with my mom. 

32. Introduced Christopher to his first funnel cake ever. 

33. Painted pretty things for local strippers to remind them that they have value. 

34. Dyed my hair like a rainbow. 

35. Celebrated turning 21 with my best friends. 

36. Played alien mini golf. 

37.Had a Christmas date that started with an owl on my head and ended with a ring on my finger. 

38. Gone wedding dress shopping with my mom, where I got to try on a million pretty dresses.

39.  Taken medicine to orphans in Haiti. 

40. Written letters to a girl in Africa, who wrote me back via picture the next morning. 

42. Celebrated Chris' birthday in Orlando's version of Italy

43.  Did a combination of the dougie/thriller/soulja boy/the twist for my father-daughter dance. 

44. Married my best friend.

{No pictures on my computer, but}
45.  Been to NYC with my mom and eaten at Bobby Flay's Restaurant
46. Had a first grade teaching internship
47. Taught an adult Com I class. 

Remembering all of these things has really reminded me of how full my life truly is.  I highly recommend it. 


Check out this month's feature sponsor:

12 comments:

  1. I love it! So glad you made a list :) You've done some awesome things. I love One Republic! Also, on my real bucket list is to eat at a famous chef's restaurant. Very cool! I hope making your list made you realize all the awesome things you have to be thankful for. That's what it did for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've done a lot of cool things! I really like your rainbow hair!

    The Random Writings of Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fantastic idea! And SO much less depressing than listing all the things I'll never do, haha. LOVE the picture of your rainbow hair, and that silly alien mini golf!

    I'm hosting a giveaway on my blog... You should totally check it out! http://bit.ly/14heCer

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like this idea! I agree that bucket lists can prevent people from treasuring what they have already done. I don't care for them because I think the pressure to finish each thing can cause you to rush through them, just to be able to cross them off the list. Then you don't really enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this idea of a reverse bucket list! It looks like you did a lot of awesome things. That's so fun about your father/daughter dance. And you've done a lot of good things for the world. Truly an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea! And such a beautiful life you've had! Great way to appreciate those special moments!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love all of these. and still waiting to go get those tats for real.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love this idea so much. might have to steal!
    and girl, you continue to amaze me to our similarities...dad and i did a mix of dances for our father/daughter dance too! wasn't that so much more fun?!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness, I LOVE THIS IDEA! Woah, you really have done so much, great way to remember and commemorate it all!

    <3, Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great idea!! I might have to steal it :) It looks like you have done some great things.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I climbed that same lighthouse! I didn't see any wasps but it was too windy to do anything but stop sweating and climb back down. :) lol Great blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a fabulous idea. I am definitely gona try it. You've had an amazing life an d these pictures say it all. I just found your blog today and I love it. New follower :)

    ReplyDelete

say whatcha need to say.