Image Map

Friday, March 28, 2014

Happy to be alive, because...


I love thankful Fridays, and I thought it would be fitting to move them in a new direction by making them happy to be alive Fridays. 


1.  My book is available for P R E - O R D E R.  What?!  When I woke up on Wednesday, I had no idea the day was going to end by hearing from friends and family that they had just ordered my book.  There were a lot of happy tears. 

My dad sent me a video of him, my mom, and my little brother standing at the computer ordering my book.  Tears on tears on tears.  I love my family

2.  My husband is officially done with his second year of medical school!  He's halfway to being a doctor and that's just exciting.

3.  There are so many good people in my life.  I had to write my book dedication/acknowledgments yesterday, and I really could have filled up roughly seventeen pages with all the things I would have liked to say.  I've never been one to keep a lot of people in my life at one time, but the ones I do have are downright amazing. 

4.  It's supposed to be warm again soon.  This whole, pool one day, winter coat the next day saga is getting old. 

5.  The incredibly encouraging words you guys left on my blog.  Blogging is such a weird and wonderful thing.  This is such a crazy journey for me, and getting to share it on this little space on the internet is amazing.  On that note: I wanted something to keep track of all of this excitement, so I'm going to use  #happytobealive2014 on instagram and twitter.  I would love for you to use it too!  For anything from talking about the book to simply pictures or tweets about why you're happy to be alive. 

So!  What makes you happy to be alive? 

s h o p  h e r e:

30 comments:

  1. How exciting to see your profile on a publishing page! :) I will be ordering your book for sure!

    Congrats to your husband for making it through his second year! Have a great weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait for warm again, winter has been rough this year! So many exciting things going on, 2014 is your year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your book girl! That's so exciting! I just put in my pre-order. Can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wohooo! that's so cute about your family sending you the video. love it! I'm happy that it's almost April - which means warmer weather! Also I'm deep into planning my best friends Bridal Shower and I'm having so so so much fun with it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooo I can so relate to what a joy it is to say two years of school behind you! My hubby is working on his PhD in Civil Engineering. Just a year and 9 months left for us!! :) Joy upon Joy!!! Also, you wrote a book?! GET OUT. Cannot wait to check it out! much love to you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So exciting that your dreams and your husbands dreams are unfolding right before your eyes! Woot!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So happy for you and the pre-order! How exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a lovely post! Congrats on the book- so much excitement & I love how the cover turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats to you and hubby on being halfway done!!! On the book too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so excited for your book! I was reading the description and it almost made me tear up, because I've lost my mother and I can relate. This needs to be on my "must read" books of 2014. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats about your book! That is amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on the book! Yeah, I'm not happy with the weather and even though hot Summer days aren't fun they're better than this up and down, never knowing what to expect!

    ReplyDelete
  13. YOU make me happy to be alive. #youreawesome

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats what an awesome step!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So many things in this post deserve congratulations! So congrats to both you and your husband! xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations, lady! That is so exciting...you're awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yay!!! How exciting that your book has already sold!!!!!!!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my gosh you have so many things to be excited and happy about!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congratulations on your book! That's so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I didn't know your husband was in medical school! Awesome:) Mine applies in 2 months! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  21. so much amazingness going on - so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ughhh med school. My hubs is in law school, and I feel like they are probably about equal in their miserableness. (Except med school is longer). We deserve awards for being the wives of students! Also, that is so sweet about he video from your family!

    Nikki
    thefashionablewife.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. So exciting!!! And your book sounds so good- I just read the synopsis or whatever the heck you call it, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  24. So many exciting things!! I love the title of your book and the cover. I am soo excited to learn more about it!

    ReplyDelete
  25. How exciting! Congratulations! I may just have to read your book! It sounds like something I'd like. :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. So many awesome things! Your family sounds just wonderful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Better update your 'about me' by your pic- you're no longer an 'aspiring' author! How exciting!

    ReplyDelete

say whatcha need to say.