Image Map

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

This is Real Life: A Book Update

It's late at night and I know there's no way I'm going to be able sleep because I'm so excited to share all of this with everyone. 

In case you're new around here: I wrote a book.  I've been so nervous that something was going to go wrong or fall behind schedule, so I've been afraid to post updates because I hate publicly saying something and then having to follow up with, "Oh wait, that's actually not happening."  Again with the need to be brave.  Geez. I will get there!

However, it appears that everything is on schedule, so here goes nothing everything.

BOOK COVER


First of all, let's just talk about the fact that MY NAME is on the cover of a book...because I wrote said book.  Dream.  Come.  True.


WHAT'S IT ABOUT?



This is the description on the back of the book.  Look at you, getting a sneak peek and stuff. 



Avery is a seventeen-year-old girl whose reality has just been shattered by the death of her mother. Feeling a desperate need to flee from what has become her life, she follows a travel plan meant for her mom and her that leads her to the little beach town where her mom grew up. It's there that she meets a group of three adventurous friends who adopt her into their circle, allowing her to experience a summer she never thought would be possible after suffering such a great loss. Unfortunately, her summer full of experiences threatens to end abruptly when she realizes that one of the three has a secret that causes her to question everything about the new life she has been building.
Avery must learn to balance her grief and her desire for a future in order to achieve her mother's final wish for her: That she would be happy to be alive.
WHEN DOES IT COME OUT?
April 14th, 2014. 
Also known as my twenty-second birthday. 
Also know as nineteen days from today. 
This is real life. 
I have about a billion and seven more things to say, but I'll end this before it gets way too long.  Be warned, though.  A billion and seven book-related blog posts coming your way. 

You can also find me here:

40 comments:

  1. This is SO AMAZING! As someone who is working towards finishing a book and publishing, I can only imagine how much excitement you must feel! Congratulations girl...you so deserve it! I can't wait to read it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw Chelsea I am so pumped! Look at your name on there, seriously. So cool. I'm excited to get it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats, this is amazing! I don't know how you're going to sleep from now until April!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Um, I need to review this book. It sounds SO GOOD.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahh can't wait to read this baby- let me know if you need reviews before it actually comes out :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. YAY!!! i can't wait to read it! congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is amazing- congrats to you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! SO exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Woohoo, Chelsea!!! This is incredible news--and what a cool thing it is to see the cover of your book :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing! Congratulations! I'm so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sooooooooooooo excited for you!! Was that enough o's?? Congrats. The cover looks great. So professional. So REAL! The synopsis sounds very intriguing too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ah!!! I am so excited for you!! Way to go!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This makes me so happy!!!! what up.

    ReplyDelete
  14. CONGRATULATIONS!! Girl, this is awesome!! Good for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Big Congrats! I love the book cover and title!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! This is so exciting!!!! Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You are an absolute inspiration! 22?!!! What!! I'm blown away. I'm totally intrigued by the book title, cover photo and promise of a summer full of friendship and secrets. My kind of book. I'm awestruck, Chelsea. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Chelsea, I am super happy for you. The book sounds interesting. Don't know why I thought it was going to be nonfiction.

    ReplyDelete

  19. This is awesome news, congrats. I've been wanting to write a book for a while now. You should write a post on what the process has been like for you.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh my gosh congratulations! Good for you for following your dreams!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congratulations! That is SO exciting that the book is coming out!!

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart
    Cash Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh my word, Congratulations!!!! I'm so excited for you and it sounds FANTASTIC!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Congrats!! How exciting!!!!

    thelittleturquoisehouse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Sweetness! I can't wait to read it!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow, that is so exciting! Sounds great!

    Nikki
    thefashionablewife.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. How did I miss this update earlier this week?! I've been looking for it!! Congratulations!!!! (too many exclamation points? oh well) That is so, so exciting for you, and I LOVE the book cover :) eek!

    ReplyDelete
  27. That is so very awesome! Congrats :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. WOW! Congratulations! I can't wait to read it!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. This. is. AMAZING. Congratulations!!!!! I'm so excited for you and SO excited to read your book!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Oh my goodness! I have TOTALLY been out of the loop on this! Congratulations and I can't wait to read it!

    Sue//Chevron and Lace
    susanstange.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. Girl, the lord has totally blessed you for putting out a book on your 22nd birthday! 22!!! You're so young, and I just know God has amazing plans for your future. You inspire me :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Oh my goodness, you are an inspiration!! I'm going to have to read this:)

    ReplyDelete
  33. How awesome for your book to come out on your birthday!! And only 22? Holy cow! Congrats girl

    ReplyDelete
  34. OH MY GOSH! WHAT EXCITING NEWS! :)
    please give us more sneak peeks!

    Congratulations, congratulations, congratulations. :)

    ReplyDelete

say whatcha need to say.