Image Map

Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Letters to Jack: 5 Months.


Sweet little bub, 

The bigger you get, the more fun we have. You're growing into your own little personality, and it's so much fun to see what makes you laugh. You love to be a part of everything that's going on around you, love to go swimming, and, most recently, you loooove you some veggie tales. 


This month has been a full one! Lots of big things have happened, and it has been so much fun having you be a part of them. I never imagined you as a part of this season of my life, but now I can't even imagine life without you. The med-school graduation was so much more meaningful having you there, and buying a house and moving was so much more fun knowing that you were going to live there. 


This house is the best. It's the house you'll do a lot of growing up in. I can just imagine the fun you'll have in the backyard, the days you'll beg me to take you swimming at the pool, the way you'll learn to ride your bike on the sidewalk in front of our house. Our first house, so perfect for our little family. 

* * *

I hate that this is a part of your life, but it was a heartbreaking weekend in the city you were born in. I spent a lot of hours wondering how to best shield you from evil, wondering how to protect you, wondering how to keep you from learning that sometimes there is terror in the world. And in short, I can't. And that's really, really hard to think about.

But I can do my best to make your life the best, most fun it can be, because life is short. 

And I can do my best to teach you to love everyone, because you should. 

And I will do my absolute best to show you that if you look really closely, even in tragedy, you can find some good. You can find people helping people, loving people, no matter what.  Because they're there. 


I will teach you to be one of those people, a helper, a bright spot. 

For now, you are the brightest spot in my life. I love you forever, little munchkin. 

 photo signature.png

12 comments:

  1. Such a sweet letter. And your little guy knows how to rock hats in the cutest way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just cannot get over how adorable he is in that little fox hat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE, for now you are the brightest spot in my life. SO sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is adorable, Chelsea, just like little Jack!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe he is 5 months already!! Please tell me it doesn't really go this fast!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I spent so much of Sunday morning rocking my one month old and loving on my two year old. It killed me to think about the unimaginable heartache so many were facing at that very moment. All I wanted to do was just soak up the quiet of my home and do some praying. I love this letter to Jack. I want to tell my girls the same things!

    ReplyDelete
  7. He seriously could not be more adorable! And YES to Veggie Tales :-D
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  8. AWWW! I pray the same for Aiden--may both little guys be a light in such a dark world!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so beautiful. You are going to raise Jack to be such a wonderful boy and eventually, man!

    ReplyDelete
  10. He's such a cutie. Children are our chance to right the wrongs of our society - Jack is going to be a bright one.

    ReplyDelete

say whatcha need to say.