Image Map

Friday, July 15, 2016

Create Something Good Today.


When I think of creating, I think of Hobby Lobby. Of aisle after aisle of magic just waiting to be used in a DIY project. 

When I think of spending a day creating, I think of hiding out in my house with glitter and glue guns and fabric all over the table. I think of spending hours browsing Pinterest for the perfect project. I think of curling up under a blanket and writing my heart out. I think of things that take time and effort, but are oh so satisfying. 

The thing is, though, that we create so much more than projects. We create moments, we create memories. We create the way our home feels, the way our lives feel. We create what our Friday afternoon looks like. Every single day is an experience, and it's one we get to create.

I don't know about you, but I want to create good things. The best things.

I want to create whimsical mornings and late night kitchen dance parties. I want to create sunset neighborhood walks and slow afternoons. I want to create memories despite stress.

I want to create a life that feels like mine. A life I'm proud of. And do you know what lives are made up of? Days. They're made up of Mondays and Tuesdays and Saturdays and Sundays. Day after day after day. And days are made up of hour after hour, and hours are made up of moment after moment. 

So if you want to create a good life, you can't just look at the big things. you can't just look at vacations and dream chasing and weekend adventures. You have to look at the moments, the hours, the days. 

Create those. Make them what you want them to be. You only get so many of them, after all. 

Happy Friday. Let's create something good today. photo signature.png

9 comments:

  1. Love this :) Well said... and Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. I think we are so often thinking about the bigger picture, or the weekends, or the vacations, or the next goal, but really, the way that we get there is through the little moments. I don't want to see my little moments pass me by. This is such a great reminder to just live in the present and do everything you can to be happy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVED this, your writing is amazing.

    moremindfulyou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love love LOVE this! Can I just co-sign this in total agreement? <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so well said and inspirational! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. YES, just YES. Happy Friday to you and your beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete
  7. this post speaks to me so heavily with all the changes I'm making in my life. I love this so much. thank you for this. <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Preach it girl! I love creating kitchen dance parties- one of my favorite memories with Jared and hopefully one day with our kiddos! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this. You are such a little sparkling ray of inspiration! I have song quote hanging in my kitchen "Dance in the Kitchen till the morning light, Louisiana Saturday night" Reminds me of so many memories of college and just making yummy meals to good songs! And now you have made me want to go to Hobby Lobby, I have not been in ages! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

say whatcha need to say.