Image Map

Friday, July 1, 2016

Spending July: A To-Do List for Adventuring Through the Month.

Happy July! 

We've officially been through six months of the 2016 and have six months left.

I love spending January 1st making all sorts of goals, but this year, I was 38 weeks pregnant and NOT feeling it. Plus, I had no idea what my life was about to look like, so I wasn't really into the idea of setting myself up to fail. 

Chris reminded me last night that I had said I was going to wait to make resolutions and goals until we moved (back when I had no idea where we'd be!) and treat July like my January. How perfect, then, that today just so happens to be halfway through the year and my day off. I'll be spending today setting some goals-if you didn't set goals this year (or if you did and maaaaaybe they're not going so well), you should join me! 

Now, on to the best part of a new month: Our to-do list!

We've got thirty-one days in July, and we each get to decide how to spend them. Let's make room for a little fun this month, shall we? 


1. Look at those New Years resolutions...how are you doing six months in?

2. Make some type of red, white, and blue drink or dessert!

3. Buy some fireworks. Or, if you're a pansy like me, buy some sparklers and take pretty pictures with them!

4. Celebrate the Fourth of July!

5. Have a cookout. 

6. Dress your pet up in patriotic gear.

7. Invest in a sunscreen that you love wearing. And by invest, I mean make the time to venture out to the drugstore and find one that smells good. 

8. Make iced tea. 

9. Stock up on fruits from your local farmer's market. 

10. Order a planner for the fall. Most planners start in August (or even July!), so get yours now! 

11. Have a late-night picnic under the stars. 

12. Get some string lights for your backyard/balcony. They're so cheap, so adorable, and they just make my heart so happy. 

13. Watch the Gilmore Girls mini-series! I'm trying to save this for when Chris has to work nights, but I will be incredibly surprised with myself if I'm able to hold out for more than a week.

14. Switch out one unhealthy thing in your life. Just one. You don't have to overhaul everything in order to feel better. I just did this with creamer (a great love of my life) and I feel pretty freaking good. 

15. Get touristy and find all the Instagram-perfect places around your town. Helene just did this for Nashville, and it makes me want to do it for my new city!

16. While we're being touristy-look up the highest rated places (coffee shop, boutique, restaurant...) in your town on a website like yelp..you might find a new treasure!

17. Make a list of a few meals you like to eat and just rotate those throughout the summer. Summertime is meant for spending your freetime by the pool, not in your kitchen worrying about what's for dinner. 

18. Do something that makes working out easier for you. Whether it's buying a cute gym outfit or a colorful yoga mat or joining a spin class...make it easy easier on yourself to actually do it.

19. Go on a frozen yogurt date.

20. Make champagne ice cubes for your mimosas. Thanks for the idea, Lindsay!

21. Watch the sunset with someone you love. 

22. Have a pool party. At an actual pool, at a kiddie pool in your backyard...anything goes!

23. Think of three words you want to describe you, and spend the week doing your best to live out those three words.

24. Go through your closet and put some new outfits together using what you already have. 

25. Get a cherry-limeade from Sonic. 

26. Start a running list of fun things to do in your town. 

27. Plan a dream vacation. It may be years (and years) away, but it's fun to dream! 

28. Take way too many pictures. Summer is for joy-filled selfies. 

29. See how many of your favorite meals you can turn into salads. 

30. Get a Slurpee next time you get gas at a 7-11.

31. Make a list of things that make you happy in July. 

How will you be spending your July?
 photo signature.png

23 comments:

  1. Love this list!! Definitely doing several of these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your monthly to do lists are always my favorite! I have a feeling that I'll be able to cross off "take too many pictures" with ease this month :) Happy 4th of July weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this list! Cherry limeades are soo good =) I want to try making that myself

    ReplyDelete
  4. This list is great!! I can't wait for the Gilmore Girls mini-series!
    Kelsey
    www.thepeacockroost.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this list. Such a nice way to look back at half of the year and still work on things for the 2nd. Have a great weekend.
    Beautifully Candid

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome list! I never thought to order my planner now, definitely getting on that! And yes to dressing up your pet in something patriotic - adorable! Happy 4th of July weekend <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved this! Need to switch out an unhealthy thing!

    moremindfulyou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a perfect list! So WHEN does that Gilmore Girls mini-series start?? They said July 1, but it's not up yet, and I am not patient :) Slurpees and sparklers are part of my definition of summer for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ugh, I cannot wait for the GG revival. So exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Perfect list! We are spending our July visiting family and friends in New York and California and going to Harry Potter World! After reading your post now I want to everything on your list!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Can't wait to try champagne ice cubes :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just started Gilmore Girls last week while my hubby was out of town. I'm loving it but it moves so darn fast!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the idea of doing a photo tour of your city! I can't wait to explore more of Dallas. :) We have a froyo place practically next door, which is super dangerous!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Woohoo! This is a great list! I hope you're able to accomplish all of it! <3

    ReplyDelete
  15. Darling ideas!! OMG, I cannot WAIT for the NEW GG episodes on Netflix!! Also, your photo in the heading - Bora Bora?? It looks just like my honeymoon!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love this list! I'd love to have a cookout, and I can't wait to order a new planner!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gilmore Girls!! I can't wait!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Seriously. You always come up with the best lists! I love reading your ideas. Perfect combo of fun and improving yourself! I hope your July is amazing friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. These are wonderful ideas. Happy 4th of July. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is a great list! Hope you crossed some of the patriotic ones off this weekend!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. WHAT A FUN LIST! I plan on getting post-4th of July sparklers on sale and taking artsy pics with them ;)

    ReplyDelete
  22. #6 made me laugh. I'm not one to put bows on a dog as a regular occurrence. For special occasions (like the 4th of July) it's totally cute, but my dog doesn't need to wear bows on a daily basis, even though I do have a breed with nice long ears that other people like to adorn with bows. I was walking through the airport in DC one day looking for gifts for people (yes, I can be one of those!) and I saw American flag bows. They were so cute and I thought they'd look adorable on Mina for the 4th of July. So I bought them and when I got home I sat down in front of Mina to try them on and see how she'd look. I put one on pretty quickly, but then spent ten minutes trying to get the other on. It took ten whole minutes as she kept dodging me. I'm surprised I stuck with it because I'm usually not that patient. So after ten minutes I finally got it on. She looked at me for two seconds, then swiped at her ear with her paw and the bow flew right off. I haven't tried to put them on since, although that's partly because I can never remember where I put them on the 4th of July when I'd actually attempt to put them on her again.

    ReplyDelete

say whatcha need to say.