Image Map

Thursday, July 14, 2016

Letters to Jack: 6 Months.


Little bub!

You've been alive for six months...that's half of a YEAR. 

While it has gone by somewhat fast, it's also hard to believe we've only known you for six little months. That you've only been snuggling me for one hundred and eighty-two days. That your sweetest little smile and laugh and your giant personality wasn't around yet just seven months ago. You fit in so perfectly that it's like you've always been here. 

The older you get, the more fun I have hanging out with you. Your laughs are my favorite thing in this entire world. You are obsessed with Gatsby, and if he so much as walks into the same room as you, you laugh and laugh and laugh. 


You've decided that you don't need to go back to sleep after five anymore, so I'm pretty tired, but I don't mind. I put you in your bouncer and you watch Veggie Tales while I drink my coffee, and every now and then you turn your head back to give me the sweetest smile. Those itsy bitsy baby smiles fill me with more happiness than I knew could exist.

For the first time, me and you have been on our own a lot. We've gone solo grocery shopping, done Target runs, and even met some new friends together. Adjusting to taking care of you by myself has been a challenge, but I wouldn't for one second want it any other way. Having you with me makes my days so much richer. I was made to be your mama. 


You've woken up from a nap and are now rubbing your face into my neck as I type this. You smell like baby sunscreen and are making the sweetest little coos as you hug me, and my heart feels like it just might explode. That's how you make me feel every single day. 

Thank you for filling my life with unexplainable joy. Happy half birthday, you little munchkin. Love you forever. xo

 photo signature.png

11 comments:

  1. So. stinkin'. cute! The way baby boys cuddle is something I don't think I'll ever be able to get over.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So so sweet! I can't believe he's already at his half birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is so cuuuuute! I wish I could give him a big squeeze. Babies are so yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is so cute I want to reach through the monitor for a squeeze!

    ReplyDelete
  5. He is so cute I want to reach through the monitor for a squeeze!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww he's such a cutie! And my family always celebrates half birthdays, so Happy Half Birthday Jack!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweet post! Jack is so cute :)
    Kelsey
    www.thepeacockroost.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, how I love this. It's so amazing how much joy a little baby smile will bring. I know my heart overflows when I see my nugget grin at me. Add in giggles and it's tenfold. You make a great mama and it's evident that Jack loves you more than anyone.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ook, you are the cutest! What a sweet mama you are. Isn't it amazing and a slightly heartbreaking how quickly babyhood flies by!?

    -Ashton

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am still obsessed with that picture of him in the chair! He is the sweetest! Pretty mama, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy happy half birthday to your little man! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete

say whatcha need to say.