Image Map

Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Some of The Best Decisions I've Ever Made.

It can be easy to get caught up in the negative things about ourselves. For example, I think it's safe to say that we're all pretty familiar with beating ourselves up over bad decisions we've made. I think it's also safe to assume we don't spend nearly as much time mentally replaying the good decisions we've made as we do the bad ones.

Since I'm on a "let's be happier" kick, I thought today was the perfect time to reflect on some of the good decisions I've made so far in life. 


Marrying Christopher. Sure, it's a little cliche that this is first, but it's true! Marrying Chris kicked off a series of adventures that have made up our life. He is truly my best friend, and I can't imagine a better dad for Jack. Marriage is a choice, and who you marry is a decision you get to make...I made an excellent decision. 


Getting a dog. If you haven't been around here long, I'll let you in on a little secret: I am obsessed with my dog. Absolutely obsessed. (Read about: How Helpful Gatsby ishow having a dog will make your life betterten reasons you need a puppy, and, most importantly: how to convince your husband to buy you a puppy.) Gatsby has added so much to my life. In medschool, he made me feel less lonely, and now he makes me feel safer when Chris works long hours. Plus, Jack absolutely adores him. If you're trying to decide whether or not to get a dog, DO IT. 


Having Jack. This may seem a little odd to include, but having a baby is a decision! I didn't actually decide to get pregnant (opps! haha) but I did decide to keep that little babe and add him to our family. It was never a question for me, but it was a decision nontheless. And, in case I need to spell it out for you: 

Best. Decision. Ever. 


Starting a blog. And then continuing to blog! Blogging forces me to write, connects me to a community of writers, creates a space for memories to live, and so many other things! It's the best. I had no idea where blogging would lead when I wrote my first post, but I'm so glad I decided to start this blog. It's become way more than just a hobby. 

Now! Tell me about some of the best decisions YOU'VE ever made! photo signature.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

say whatcha need to say.