Image Map

Friday, August 19, 2016

The Swing Forward Camp.


In case you're new around here, I'll let you in on a very important fact about me: I start celebrating fall on September first. I love summer. Pool days and fruit and slower days...it's the best. I'm a Florida girl, a summer girl, but fall is the season that holds my heart. 

I love this quote, because I really feel that way about August. It's still bright and sunny and hot, but with the back-to-school supplies filling the shelves and the boots and scarfs that start appearing in stores, you can't deny that fall is on it's way. 

I'm in the swing forward camp all day long. It's easy for me to say that, of course, because I live in Florida. Summer really only leaves for a few months out of the year. Last year, my mom and I were planning a Halloween party, and we went over our to-do list the day before while laying out in the sun. I wore a sweater to the party and had to change halfway through because I thought it probably wasn't the best if I passed out from overheating while I was pregnant.

So to me, saying hi to fall doesn't really mean saying bye to my favorite things about summer. But if we have to swing, I want to swing forward. To apple cider and boots and pumpkin spice everything. I want to swing to (slightly) cooler weather, to pumpkin carving, to oversized sweaters and hats. 

I'm always so excited to welcome fall, but this year I have an extra special reason: Jack.

The thought of getting to do all of my favorite fall things with my tiny little love just makes my heart want to explode. Taking him to a pumpkin patch? Dressing him up in (way too many) costumes? SWOON. 


I remember taking this picture so clearly. I was about six months pregnant and we left there talking about how crazy it was that next October, we'd have a real, live baby who was a part of our family. 

It is crazy. And perfect and weird and exciting and different and something that's going to make fall a thousand times better.

Summer is wonderful. August is lovely. But if we have to swing? Swing forward, baby. Right into fall. 

Which camp are you in?
 photo signature.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

say whatcha need to say.