Image Map

Friday, August 26, 2016

What August Taught Me.


I can't do everything. If you read my blog last month, you saw that July taught me that I can do hard things. I find it funny, then, that what I learned in August was that I can't do everything. 

I can do anything I set my mind to. I know this. I can grow my blog. I can write great stories. I can be an amazing mom. I can keep the entire house completely clean. I can connect with new people and make new friends. I can read tons of books. I can exercise and get in great shape. 

...I just can't do all of that. 

It's silly that a lot of the things I learn month to month are things I already know. Logically, I know I can't do everything. No one can! But learning how that applies to my day-to-day life is different than just knowing it as a fact. 

I can do anything, but I can't do everything. So right now I just have to pick the most important things. 


There are a lot of good people in the world, and I should strive to be one of them. Since writing this post I have met a few people here that have just completely surprised me with their goodness. 

Now, a quick side note: I love being Jack's mom. I wouldn't change that part of my life for anything in the whole entire world. But it does make connecting with people a little bit difficult unless they also have a baby. Because yes, I can come to your girl's night...buuuut I will have a tiny little boy with me. Yeah, I can go see a movie with you, but I'll have to get up seventy-seven times. See what I mean? 

But I have met a few people who have just gone out of their way to include me and make me feel welcome. I met a girl who doesn't have kids, but she has just gone above and beyond in inviting me to so many things, spending her own time to try to figure out how to make it Jack-friendly. That is just a good freaking person. 

It's really made me think about myself...I don't know if I've ever gone out of my way to make sure someone was included like that. Sure, in a conversation maybe, or if I see you alone and uncomfortable somewhere. But just in daily life? I need to be way better at that. 

Morning walks are like free therapy. I've been taking Jack for more walks, and it's such a good way to start the day. It's good exercise, it's a great way to re-center and think about things, and fresh air and sunshine are just good for the soul. I definitely see more walks in my future, especially when the weather stops resembling the surface of the sun. 


What has this month taught you?
 photo signature.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

say whatcha need to say.