Image Map

Friday, June 8, 2018

Be Happy in This Moment, For This Moment is Your Life.


Be happy in this moment, for this moment is your life. 

I saw this on a sign when I was visiting a friend in another city in October. We were spending the day laughing and shopping and when I saw it, I thought about how happy I felt in that moment. I snapped a picture of it and saved it to my favorites, because I wanted to remember it. 

I keep it saved in my favorites, because it's so true. And my moments aren't always laughing and shopping and having the best day with old friends. But they're still making up my life. What is life but a bunch of moments all strung together? 

Be happy in the hard moments, because they're making up your life. 

Be happy in the good moments, because they're making up your life.

Be happy in the mundane moments, because they're making up your life. 

Sometimes (lots of times) a day ends and I fall into bed, so exhausted, and think, what even was today? And when I think back over the day, it was a lot of stressful moments and messy moments and seemingly unspecial moments. But you know what? Those moments made up my day, and those days make up my life, and they're worth being happy in, no matter how messy or unspecial they may seem, because my life is worth being happy in. 

Some moments happiness comes right to you without you even making an effort, and some moments require a whole heck of a lot of effort to find a smidge of happiness. 

That effort is worth it. 

Because this is your life. 

Don't fall into the trap of thinking that things have to be perfect to be happy. Don't get so lost in curated Instagram feeds and magazine covers to think that if your moments aren't bright and colorful and perfectly posed that they aren't worth enjoying. They're worth enjoying because they make up your life, and your life is worth being happy over. 

Be happy in this moment, for this moment is your life. 
 photo signature.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

say whatcha need to say.