Image Map

Wednesday, October 24, 2018

Dear Fall: A Love Letter.


The last three days, I've woken up and immediately opened all the windows. The mornings have been so crisp and chilly and perfect. Even if it's just for a few hours, Florida has been getting fall, and it's been magical. 
October and November are a special kind of magic. It's not just the weather, it's the slowness that trickles through the hecticness, the hovering holidays, the pumpkins everywhere you go. It feels like a fresh start without the pressure of New Years. 

It's pumpkin patches, seeing how much Jack has grown since the last time he was there. 

It's buying mums for my front porch that I know I will kill soon, but they sure look pretty while they last. 

It's the best smelling candles of any season. And how every time I light them, my mood improves instantly. 

It's pumpkin coffee (and almond toffee coffee) in the mornings (and afternoons). If I could pour the constant desire to curl up with a blanket and read a book into a cup, it would taste like pumpkin spice coffee. 

It's wishing it would last forever, but knowing it won't, which is for the best because it makes you stop and enjoy it. 

I think the last three months of the year are the closest thing we get to magic, and I want to soak it all in.

What a beautiful thing it is to be alive in October. 

 photo signature.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

say whatcha need to say.