Image Map

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

2013 in a picture.



A blurry picture, but still my favorite.  This was last New Years when we were on our honeymoon.  We started 2013 out my making wishes and lighting lanterns on fire and sending them into the sky, watching them float over the ocean.  I remember feeling so hopeful and full of anticipation at what 2013 would bring as I watched it float away.  Because really, I had no idea of what our new life was going to be like. 

I think that sums up 2013.  Exciting, hopeful, anticipating, and having no dang idea what was going to happen.  It's been a year of adventure and discovery, and I have loved experiencing all of it with Christopher. 

Happy 2014, you beautiful people.  I hope it brings you more than you could possibly imagine.  I'm counting on it. 

11 comments:

  1. I love the lantern and love wish!

    A few years ago my sister and I were watching the Bachelorette =) ... and they went to Thailand to the lantern festival. They lit off tons of love wishes and they were soooo cheesy about it! My sister and I cracked up laughing and then ... I got two chinese lanterns so we could do our own. I've had them for about a year now and I really need to set them off. Also - as cheesy as the bachelorette was, I now LOVE lanterns. Long story!!

    Anyways, I'm happy you got to do that and I think the picture is really neat. You are smiling and I think that says a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can definitely see why this would be your favorite photo! Such a beautiful representations! Many blessings to you in 2014!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is so great! I love the glow in your face, amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great picture and what it symbolizes. Hope 2014 brings many wonderful adventures and happy moments!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so beautiful! I am in love.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look so genuinely happy in this picture!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an amazing picture that truly does sum up so much!!! I hope 2014 is your best year yet!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a wonderful photo!! Happy New Years!

    http://the2qualleys.blogspot.com

    XOXO Bunnie

    ReplyDelete
  9. This photo is really so wonderful, sometimes the ones that have the most memories attached to them aren't always perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so cool! I've always wanted to do that! Have an amazing year!

    ReplyDelete

say whatcha need to say.