Image Map

Monday, January 19, 2015

Just Write: Goodbyes.

A little note: I messed some sort of setting up when I downloaded the unroll.me app last week, and apparently have not been getting 95% of my emails because they were being immediately deleted. I'm trying to do damage control and figure out what exactly I lost, but if you've emailed me over the last week and a half or so, there's a good chance I never saw it. 

I try to respond to things within a few days, so if you sent me an email and never heard back, please resend it! So sorry for any inconvenience, I'm just technologically challenged over here. 

* * *

chelsea jacobs poem

a romantic for new beginnings, 
she didn’t mind goodbyes
for she had learned some time ago 
a sunset leads to a sunrise. 
others say goodbye with sadness,
tears shining in their eyes 
but all you’ll see in hers is magic
when she says the word goodbye. 
for she’s been craving new beginnings, 
so she doesn’t mind goodbye. 
for it’s been dark a little long
and she needs the sun to rise.

22 comments:

  1. i can hear the melody of the words in my head. beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that. And can relate 100%. Beautifully written!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am loving all of these writing snippets you have been sharing lately! You are so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love love love your poetry. Your style is so easy to read, and I especially love the short length... that's something I need to work on!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these little snippets of what you are writing;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. another post to make me feel inspired. thank you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is amazingly beautiful, and such a lovely perspective to hold.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Chelsea, this is so damn beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Um, almost brought full tears to my eyes. So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Like always - this is just beautiful!
    i hope you keep posting your amazing work.

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh no! i just got unroll me right before the new years. i hope i haven't been missing anyone's emails. :/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful! I'm so glad I found your site. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. And once again, just beautiful!! (Seriously though. Song writing!!) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. love it :) this makes me want to work on my creative writing skills that have been shelved for years.

    ReplyDelete

say whatcha need to say.