Image Map

Monday, February 8, 2016

A Cup of Coffee and A Blank Page.


Most anything I write ends up in some sort of digital format. Blog posts and poems and stories and ideas...they all end up either displayed on the internet or living in a Word document on my computer. But almost everything is written down in a notebook first. Good old-fashioned pen and paper just inspire me in a way that a glowing screen can't quite do.

There are few things I love more than having a quiet moment with a cup of coffee and a blank page. Cozying up with a warm mug and looking at a story that hasn't been told yet, a to-do list that hasn't been planned, a blog post that has yet to be written. Blank pages hold so much promise because you can fill them with whatever you want. They hold the potential of every single word that has ever lived inside of you.

A jolt of caffeine and a blank page make me feel refreshed. Like I can do anything.

I hope today is a cup of coffee and a blank page for you. That instead of begrudgingly making your way through the day, you see it for the wealth of promise and potential that it is. That you feel electrified and inspired and know that you can do just about anything.

Happy Monday, friends. Let's do this.

20 comments:

  1. I love pen and paper writing. Most of my formulaic blog posts (TWTW, Thursday Thoughts) start and end digitally, but when I write about other stuff, it usually starts in a notebook.

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to be 100% pen and paper, but somehow found myself entirely digital somewhere along the way and I miss writing by hand. This post makes me want to back into the old school groove of writing and go out and pick up a new composition notebook. Thanks Chelsea!

    Have an awesome week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. fabulous post girl. i am not a writer, but mondays drag me down a bit, especially ones after the superbowl when it is snowing lol so i am about blah about today. this post inspired me :) happy monday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Monday! Love the idea of looking at the day as a blank page...I really do love writing things down with pen and paper, rather than always putting it on the computer. Even if it ends up that way, there is something special about going back to the basics!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not sure exactly why, but I think that I do better writing when I take a step back to write it down first. I love having a notebook, a pen, and a cup of coffee. I think that maybe it makes you slow down. I also think that maybe you are not so quick to edit yourself when you are just free writing on paper. It's easy to delete things that don't sound perfect when you are typing. Anyway, love this post! Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Definitely look at this day as a blank page....and am intending to fill it up with LOTS of goodness! Happy Monday to you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I feel the same way! Happy Monday! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just stumbled upon your blog not long ago and I have to tell you that you are so inspiring me to write this year. I am not a writer, by any means, but just for fun. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm a huge fan of pen and paper writing. Just something about it really allows my soul to breathe :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't done this forever-- I like to write poems in journals.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love journals, you can scribble or write whatever you want. It wont be published on the internet, so something about it feels freeing! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm a pen/paper girl too! It's exciting and I feel like my mind can wander more than when I'm at a keyboard :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this. (I feel like that's basically my comment to all your posts haha. But I do!)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've gone through so many journals over the years, it's insane. Now that I blog, I can definitely say that I don't write in my current journal nearly as much anymore, but I try to make as much time as I can for it. I think it's so important, especially since, like you said, everything we do is so digitalized nowadays.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this! Today I woke up early, drove two hours back to the city and just thought. I lost myself in my dreams and ideas for the week. Cheers to getting lost in the things we love!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Today was for sure a cup of coffee and blank page for me. I love all your inspiration lady!

    ReplyDelete
  17. So nice, agree ;)

    XX

    Mónica Sors

    MES VOYAGES À PARIS

    NEW POST: WINTER NAVY OUTFIT

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my gosh YES! I have a very tattered, well-loved journal notebook that I carry with me everywhere. I'm down to the last couple pages (eeeek) and just bought the replacement! I love a blank page and a cup of coffee!

    ReplyDelete

say whatcha need to say.