Image Map

Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Half Asleep & Wide Awake.


If there were ever a tee-shirt (and a half) that described life, it's this one. I. Am. So. Sleepy. 

I didn't realize how much I loved sleep until recently. We're talking full-blown, passionate love affair over here. Sadly, much to the detriment of this love story, this realization happened around the same time that Jack realized he didn't really love sleep all that much. I mean, he thinks it's okay. He likes a nap every now and then. But sleeping at night? Eh, he could take it or leave it. 


This leaves me half asleep at all times. If you've seen me lately, I apologize. Both for my appearance and for whatever I may have said. I cannot be held responsible, I was half asleep. If you've texted me, sorry, I can't text you back. I'm too busy being half asleep. Emails? HA. If I get caught up on emails at any point over the next five years of my life, I will truly be shocked. 


But you know what has come along with being so freaking tired? 

My life being so. freaking. full. 

I laughed so hard taking these blurry pictures that I actually cried. Who knew a 7-month-old could have so much personality already?


 he literally looks just like that bear with his arms. I'm telling you, wide awake bear over here.


I'm exhausted and in love and overwhelmed and fulfilled and happy and frustrated and surprised on the daily. I still find it weird when someone reminds me that I'm a mom and I still feel out of place grabbing the diaper bag out of my car when going places. Because surely I'm not really a mom, right? Those are people who have their lives together and know how to do laundry without shrinking clothes and never burn dinner. 

But here we are...me and my little love seven months in. Not a lot of sleep but a whole lot of love.


I've never been so tired, but my heart has never been so full. I wouldn't change it for the world. 

 photo signature.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

say whatcha need to say.