Image Map

Friday, September 9, 2016

Make the Best of Where You Are, Because Life is Pretty Amazing.


While I didn't blog about it at the time (because I didn't want to get burglarized, ya know), I spent a good portion of last fall living alone. Christopher had away rotations in other states, so it was just a very pregnant, often sick me and Gatsby holding down the fort in Orlando. 

I was so sad when I realized his rotations would be in the fall. I love fall so freaking much, and I have a long list of things I like to do in the fall. Living apart from my husband and not getting to celebrate my favorite season together was not on that list. 

But you know what? It was fine. It was sad, of course, but I survived. I burned a lot of pumpkin candles and got a lot of blogging done and had a lot of me-time watching netflix before Jack was born. And eventually Chris came home, and I got to do all those fall things on my list, just a little later. 

It was a good fall. One that I'm so glad it over, and one I'm glad I don't have to repeat, but at the root of it all, it was good. 

I've been so excited for our first fall with Jack. I've been dreaming of filling every weekend in October with trips to the pumpkin patch, drinking apple cider, going shopping for Halloween costumes. Well, Chris got his schedule, and he works every. single. weekend in October. Thanks, intern year. 

But you know what? It will be fine. It will be good. And next year, when I'm talking about fall, I will look back and say "That was just the best fall."

Because so much of finding the good in life is making it yourself. Life is rarely exactly what we imagine it will be, but making the best of where we are is just about as close to perfect as we can get. 

Jack's first fall trip to Hobby Lobby. 

Would it be nice to have October weekends with my little family to spend doing fall things? Of course. Am I going to find a way to squeeze in every bit of fall anyway? You bet. Are we going to have the best fall ever with Jack? Absolutely. 

Because life is amazing, whether you have to work or not. Fall is amazing, whether you have the weekends off or not. And being together with the people I love is close enough to perfect for me. 

We get to choose how to make our life. I choose to make it the best. What about you? 

 photo signature.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

say whatcha need to say.