Image Map

Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Life is Far Too Short to Be Anything Other Than Deliriously Happy.

shirt
Some of my favorite blog comments are when someone mentions my positivity. I'm an eternal optimist and always have been, but I still try really hard to make sure my life is a happy place. I think making an effort to be a positive person is something that can make your life exponentially better. Every now and then I'll get someone asking how or why I'm so positive, and ever so often I'll get an email saying my blog would feel a bit more authentic if I didn't include happiness in every post. 

I know I've talked a lot about Jack and being tired, but I really like writing about real life, and that's where we're at right now. Anyway, he had a rough morning a few days ago, waking up at 4:00 and just screaming and screaming no matter what. Chris was up with him for an hour before I tagged in, and as I sat in the dark with him in his nursery, I felt so tired and frustrated and a little bit helpless. When your babe who can't use words yet just screams and screams and you can't figure out what's wrong, it can push you right to the edge of crazy. 

But then, he slowly calmed down, and his little body collapsed against mine as I rocked him to sleep, and he let out this tiny, sweet little yawn and snuggled his head into my neck. And in a single moment, such pure, straight up happiness just overcame me. 

I thought it was the perfect metephor for the rest of life, too. Sometimes it's hard and can make you a little crazy, but underneath all of that, there's happiness. 

We get this one life..and it's filled with good and bad and heartbreak and love and ups and downs, but at the end of the day (or first thing in the morning), there is so much to be happy about. There is so much happiness. Pure, wonderful, delirious happiness. 

So to answer your questions about being positive: I think life is too short to not be happy. If you're alive right now, I guarantee you have reasons to be happy. Mine are named Jack and Chris. Mine are good books and sunshine and backyards and pumpkin creamer. Mine are too many to name. What are yours? 

 photo signature.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

say whatcha need to say.