Image Map

Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Letters to Jack: 8 Months.

Sweet Baby Jack, 

As I'm writing this, I'm drinking pumpkin coffee and have the doors open because it's 70 degrees outside (pretty amazing for a Florida September!), and you're hanging out in your pack & play, playing with your stuffed Clifford the Big Red Dog. It's the kind of morning where it's nearly impossible to not feel thankful. You make me so thankful. 

Life with you gets better every day-it's a cliche, yes, but a true one! Your personality shows itself a little more each day. You laugh more, "talk" more, and have the funniest attitude. You love swinging, Gatsby, and going for walks. 

I can't decide if these 8 months flew by or if they feel like 8 years. I can vividly remember the first moment I saw you as if it were yesterday, but it feels like you've always been a part of us. 
Being your mom is the hardest thing I've ever done, and it's my favorite thing I've ever done. Honestly, we're kind of just winging it together, but you seem to be happy and healthy, and that's all that matters. 

This time of year (from now until December) is my absolute favorite. I'm so excited to get to celebrate all of your first holidays with you. Baking pumpkin treats with you, dressing you up for your first Halloween, celebrating your first Thanksgiving, and then Christmas...it's going to be the best.

I don't have the words to tell you how wonderful I think you are or how much I love being your mom, but I hope that one day you will read these letters and see just how much I have always loved you, and just how much you've added to my life. You take a normal Wednesday in September and make it pretty magical with your tiny giggles and sweet babbles.

Love you to the moon and back, little love. 
 photo signature.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

say whatcha need to say.