Image Map

Wednesday, June 21, 2017

A Love Letter to Just Going.

It's no secret that wanderlust has hit me hard lately. Between my beach vacation last month and planning a girl's road trip next month, I want to go all of the places. 

I'm an introvert at my core. I need alone time to recharge. I love nights spent at home watching Netflix. I love curling up with a good book and a steaming cup of coffee. That's a good day to me. 
But I also love going and seeing and experiencing. 

There's something about waking up somewhere new. Having your coffee with a different view, whether that view is behind a foggy windshield as you groggily drive to your destination, or a sunrise from a hotel balcony. There's something about new sounds and new smells and new sights. There's something thrilling about walking through a town where no one knows you, where you can be anything you want to be. Where everything is an experience waiting to happen. 

If it all ends for me tomorrow, I'm not going to be sorry about the nights I spent snuggling with Jack, watching Pretty Little Liars or reading a good book. But I'm also not going to be sorry for days where I sacrificed sleep and money and maybe a little bit of my sanity in the name of adventure and experience. 

So cheers to going. Cheers to loading up your kid(s) and pet(s) in your car and making the drive to see family. Cheers to booking a red-eye and giving up sleep so you can spend a quick weekend with an old friend. Cheers to fancy vacations and nice meals at new restaurants. Cheers to gas station coffee and drive-thru tacos on cheap road trips. Cheers to new places, new people, new experiences. 

It will always be easier to stay at home, but that does not mean it's worth it. So go. Scrape the money together. Stay at the cutest hotels you can find. Go dip your toes in the ocean at a beach you've never been to. Take entirely too many pictures. Stay up too late. Seek out the best views and watch the sunrise in a new place. Life is short, live it well. 

Cheers to just going. 
 photo signature.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

say whatcha need to say.