Image Map

Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Iced Coffee, Please.

This crazy thing happens every year, where I get amnesia and forget just how hot Florida gets in the summer. I mean, it's warm all the time, but the summer...SO HOT. So if we were meeting up for coffee, chances are, I'd be chugging an iced one or two. Also, if we were having coffee. . . 

I'd tell you that I've been getting the strangest emails. Last week I got a very long, very well thought out email questioning why I photoshop my c-section scar out of my blog pictures. The email said I was telling people that if you've had a c-section, you aren't beautiful. 
...I have never had a c-section, so there's that. Plus, if I knew how to photoshop my body, my stomach would look a heck of a lot better than it does in my pictures. 

I'd tell you that a friend and I are considering a little East Coast road trip this summer. I'd ask you for all the recommendations! Sometimes travel seems exhausting and sometimes it seems rejuvenating, depending on the season. Right now the thought of getting out and seeing new places with an old friend sounds so refreshing. 

I'd tell you that being a mom has been really hard lately. I love being Jack's mom. I blog a lot about how he's truly been an easy baby, how I bring him everywhere with me, how I love life with him and he's my little BFF. And all of that is so true. But lately, it's been tough. It seems like every single second he is awake, he needs (or, thinks he needs) something from me. He's getting harder to take places, and while he's old enough to know he's upset about something, he isn't old enough to know how to say it, which results in a lot of loud emotions. 

This isn't me complaining, this is me being transparently real, as I've purposed to do on here. There are plenty of places that will only talk about the perfect, and my blog won't be one of them. I remind myself every day that he will never need me more than he does this day, and what a privilege it is to be that for a person. Being a mom has been so fulfilling for me, but it's not without its challenges, and I think both sides of it deserve to be talked about, you know? 

Catch me up...what's going on with you?
 photo signature.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

say whatcha need to say.