Image Map

Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Find Yourself Some Happiness Today.


On my New Year's weekend girls trip, every morning we opened the doors toward the beach and drank coffee with my favorite creamer (This one. I just call it the purple creamer.) We also made coffee every afternoon, and talked about how it felt like such a treat, and how we looked forward to something so simple...the whole bottle of creamer cost $3, but you'd of thought we were drinking some rare, expensive thing. 

Sam is a teacher, and when she went back to work, she bought a bottle of the purple creamer to keep in her break room. Because if something so simple makes you happy, why shouldn't it be a part of your everyday life? 

My friend Lindsay wrote this post about allowing yourself to feel pleasure and joy, and it hit home with me. 

If I really stop to think about it, some of the simplest things truly bring me happiness. A good book. An afternoon by the pool. Tacos. FaceTiming friends. A new notebook. Nail polish. Lunch with a friend. 

Of course, there are big things that bring me happiness. Big trips and shopping sprees. But there's a ton of simple, little, easy things, too. 

So this is me reminding you: You deserve to be happy. You deserve to have happiness as a part of your everyday life, not just on special occasions. 

Make your own list. What little things bring you happiness? You should do those, buy those, plan those. Every day, you should be happy. 

And if you don't know where to start, I highly recommend the purple creamer. 

 
 photo signature.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

say whatcha need to say.