Image Map

Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Let's Talk About Stress, Baby.

Self-care is really having a moment, isn't she? But for all the Buzzfeed articles and blog posts about the importance of saying no and caring for one's self above all, I feel like our stress is at an all-time high, probably because we're just so dang busy. 

And while it would be nice to tell you to slow down and say no to stressful things, I know that sometimes (a lot of the time), the reason our plates get so full is because there are no other plates around to share the spoil with, so you're stuck with more than you should be. 

Let's be blunt-most of us can't just remove the things that stress us out from our lives. If you can't remove stress, you've got to manage it. Here are some of my favorite ways to do just that. 

Aromatherapy bubble baths. || The entire Aromatherapy line at Bath and Body Works is truly the stuff dreams are made of, but their foaming baths are my favorite. Stress relief (yes, please), focus (need), and sleep (second best to the real thing!) are my favorites. You have to wash your hair at some point anyway, right? So take an extra five minutes and melt some of that stress away.

Dr. Teal's Epsom salt soak. || Same thought, way cheaper price tag. I love both!

Stress relief tea. || Not sure what exactly they put in this stuff, (just kidding, the ingrediants are on the box) but it works. And the whole taking a minute to sit with your hands wrapped around a hot mug thing is pretty good for your mental health, too. 

Yoga with Adriene. || I've talked before about how Yoga with Adriene has seriously changed my life, but specifically when it comes to stress and anxiety, she's the best. These are my favorites: Yoga for Anxiety and Stress, Stress Melt, Quick Stress Fix, and Yoga for Anxiety. They're so helpful.

Lavender oil + Eucalyptus oil. || So relaxing to smell throughout the day. Sometimes I diffuse this, sometimes I skip straight to slathering it on my skin. 

Get outside. || Daily walks (or runs) have become a stress reliever that I rely on. Getting fresh air is huge, and getting your heart rate up from something other than being anxious is great. Plus, it gives you a few minutes to yourself with no distractions-a perfect space to work through your thoughts. 

How do you manage stress? 
 photo signature.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

say whatcha need to say.