Image Map

Friday, May 4, 2018

Q + A: Round One!


A few weeks ago, I posted a "let's get to know each other!" post with an open Q+A and also an anonymous form. NEVER AGAIN will I do anything anonymous on here! I got some good questions, but yo...people are MEAN when they can hide behind anonymity. Like, nasty mean. No thank you. 

I will (obviously) be ignoring most of the bullying comments I got. Here are a few of the questions I got to get things started! 

What kind of mascara do you use? I got this question so many times! I'm so excited because I have a really good answer! I use a combo that I discovered on accident (Thanks to my Sephora Play box!). I use It Cosmetics Superhero Elastic Stretch Volumizing Mascara, which I find amazing when it comes to volume, but it's too clumpy to wear alone. So I do a layer of that, and while it's still wet, immediately go over it with a layer of Buxom Lash Mascara. I've tried a lot of mascaras, but those are my favorites! 

Why don't you post a lot of pictures of Jack? Actually, the question was phrased: "Are you just hoping people forget you're a mom? You never post pictures of your kid on Instagram." Which is actually not a question, but I'm gonna answer it anyway! I told you people are mean!

As far as Instagram goes, I'm still trying to figure out how much I want to share / not share of Jack. I share a fair amount of pictures of him on my blog for two reasons: 1) If you're following my blog, I feel like you're more invested than just following Instagram. Maybe that's stupid, but it takes more effort to read blog posts than it does to look at pictures! And 2) Here, I can share pictures of Jack and the stories behind them, which just feels more personal and special to me. 

I have friends who choose to share zero pictures of their child on social media, and friends who post daily about their children on social media. I have 100% respect for both of those choices and have never felt judgemental towards anyone about how much they choose to share about their child. I fall somewhere in-between. Sometimes it feels right to share pictures of him, and sometimes it feels weird. I just try to go with my gut. That's the best answer I can give you! 

What's your favorite part of living in Florida? Hands down, the weather. It's summer a lot of the time, and I'm all about summer. Being close to the beach doesn't hurt, either! 

How do you edit your pictures? Lightroom! But I'm not fancy, every single picture I post I use presets. 

What do you do for work (it seems like you work from home a lot?) I do work from home! When we moved to Gainesville, my job allowed me to continue working remotely, since most of my work was done from a computer anyway! I work in an assistant role for a church and also do their editing!

How did you decide to get a Shiba-Inu? I had never heard of a Shiba-Inu before we got Gatsby. I did no research on the breed or where I was getting him from. We stumbled upon a pet store, met Gatsby, and I fell in love with him immediately. (Chris also fell in love with him, it just took him a liiiiitle longer). In hindsight, this was not how buying a dog should have gone. I wouldn't buy from a pet store again, knowing what I now know about how they're run. I would also research a breed. But I was young and in love with this tiny little fox, and I have no regrets! 

I think that's enough for now! I've got enough to do a few more of these, so if you have any questions, let me know in the comments! Happy Friday! xo

 photo signature.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

say whatcha need to say.