Image Map

Friday, May 25, 2018

The Best Version of Yourself.


This is something I've been thinking a lot about lately. I touched on it a little bit here, and have been mulling it over all week. 

There's an overwhelming amount of things I think we could all agree we should strive for: Being healthy, being a good friend, being a good employee, being a good parent. 

There are things that we could probably all agree that are good to strive for: Keeping your house clean, eating things that are good for you, responding to emails on time. 

I'll tell you this for sure: There's no feasible way to do everything (or to even try to do everything) that everyone thinks is good for you to do. 

But there's one thing we can all do, and it's a really good place to start:

You can strive to be the best version of yourself. 

The best thing you can be is the best version of yourself. Not the best version of someone else. Not a compilation of traits you admire from people you look up to. But the best version of you. 

I don't know why this has been such a lightbulb moment kinda thing for me, but it really has been.

When you're not trying to be authentically, fully yourself, you're way more susceptible to not feeling enough, because your focus is going to fall on others and the ways you admire them, but aren't like them. Comparison is a lot less of a weapon when you're working to be the best you. 

This is something new I'm trying, so I don't really have any advice to write out in bullet points here. But we can try it together, yeah?

What does the best version of me look like physically? Mentally? Spiritually? The happiest me? The most alive me? 

If we could be the best ourselves have to offer in these areas, or even in one of these areas, I think we'd be in a much better place, don't you? 

You are a really, really amazing person. Cheers to being the best version of that person. 

 photo signature.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

say whatcha need to say.