Image Map

Monday, March 4, 2019

What February Taught Me.


That it's up to me to fill my cup. || I feel like we have the tendency to run around doing everything for everyone, pouring ourselves out at our jobs, for our friends, for our family, and then wonder why we feel empty. Well, boo, it's because you are. February really showed me how important it is to focus on filling my cup. It makes all the difference in the world. 

I also learned some very specific things that fill my cup. || Being in the sunshine, spending time with friends, reading, waking up to a clean house. I drove to Jacksonville twice last month just to spend the day eating tacos and laughing with one of my best friends because I knew I was running on empty and I knew that would do the trick. Learn what fills your cup and do not apologize for taking the time to do it. 

That taking a break and reading a book is sometimes just as productive as a day full of errands || Sometimes I feel pressure (literally just from myself) to run around and get all the things done on my day off. Two weeks ago, though, I spent my Friday laying by the pool and read an entire book. SO WORTH IT. I felt like I'd been at a spa and slept for seven days. 

That there is nothing, nothing that you cannot overcome. || I've been pretty open about how the last few months have been full of some rough stuff for my family, and there were several days in February that I caught myself thinking, "Holy crap, I'm making it?? We're actually all making it?!" 

I wish I could sit down with you and pour my heart out about this for hours over coffee, but in short, let me just say this: There is NOTHING you cannot overcome. You are stronger than you could possibly imagine, and big or small, you will get through what life throws at you. 

What did February teach you?

 photo signature.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

say whatcha need to say.