Image Map

Friday, June 7, 2019

A Little Friday Coffee Date.

my new favorite top

Well, first of all, if we were having a real life coffee date right now, it would mean you were also on a plane to Texas. Which would be a little weird, but that's neither here nor there. Also, we would absolutely not be drinking airplane coffee. I had a bad experience when I was pregnant, and I can't even look at airplane coffee anymore without my stomach turning. If I want to drink coffee on the plane, I've got to get it from Starbucks before I board. Weird, the things that stick with you, isn't it? 

Anyway, I'd tell you all about my trip and how it's the brightest spot after a really sad couple of weeks. I'd tell you that I desperately want to fix everything for everyone I love. I want to take away every single bit of pain that a devastating loss caused. I can't. We know that. But I can say hey, let's go eat tacos in Texas together. So that's what we're doing. 

I'd tell you that I'm most excited for, in no particular order: Tacos (obvs), thrifting in a new state, and seeing one of my favorite bands live. The thought of dancing to some of my favorite songs in a BBQ venue in Texas with some of my favorite people could make me burst into tears of joy. 

I'd tell you that we left for the airport at 3:00 this morning, so I'm not even sure what I need right now...more coffee? A cheeseburger? A Tylenol PM? One of each? Help. 

I'd tell you all about The Red Closet Shop. My best friend discovered them a few weeks ago on instagram and my life will never be the same. Their clothes are SO stinking cute and fun and I will basically be head to toe Red Closet Shop for my entire trip. If you want to see the things I ordered, check out my "try on" highlight on instagram!

I'd tell you that I'm finally seeing an liiiiiittle bit of progress on a goal I've been working on seemingly forever: Caring less about what people think. Slowly but surely I'm getting better at worrying more about how I feel about me and less about what others might possibly be feeling about me. Baby steps, but it feels really freaking good. 

Your turn! What's going on with you? 

I hope you have the best weekend ever!



 photo signature.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

say whatcha need to say.