Image Map

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Being Intentional.

HAPPY OCTOBER!

It is officially the start to my favorite three months EVER.  The most wonderful time of the year starts today, y'all.  I'm pretty happy about it.

The first day of a new month always holds so much potential and leaves me drawing up a to-do list and creating new goals.  Today is no different.  And while I'm drinking my coffee and journaling and trying to decide what I want to get out of this month, I can't help but think of past months where I've had such high expectations that I did not even come close to reaching.

And I can't help but think it was because I wasn't intentional.

It's easy to say I want to be a good wife, or a good blogger, or a good etsy-er. {Is there an official name for that yet??}  It's easy to say I want to read my Bible more or be outside more or make more time for whatever I need to make more time for.  But actually doing it is a completely different story.

Sometimes I feel like getting excited about life and making new goals and dreaming new dreams and writing them all down is enough.

But it's not.

It's easy to have dreams.

It's hard to follow them.

This October, I'm going to be intentional.

I'm going to be intentional about living my life.  I'm going to be intentional about following my dreams and goals.  I am going to wake up with a purpose and follow that purpose all throughout the day, so that the thirty-first of October looks a lot like the I hoped it would on the first of October.

So, what do you say?  Will you join me in living intentionally this month?  If so, the possibilities are endless.

Have a great first day of October, friends!

{Also:  The Handmade Fair is right around the corner!  I'll be posting the link Thursday at midnight--I'm so excited about it!}

Check out this month's featured sponsor:

12 comments:

  1. It's so difficult to live intentionally, isn't it? But great things happen if you are intentional!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES! This is exactly what I'm struggling with right now. Being intentional. I am so with you on this journey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel the same way as you! Loads of mapping, planning, dreaming, scheming... and so much of it stays within the covers of my notebooks. I've actually just posted an idea that I'll be starting next week to combat overwhelm and get all of my goals accomplished, so fingers crossed for both of us! ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. October is my favorite month too! And I feel the same way about living intentionally. It's so easy to think about and say but harder to do. Best of luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay, I seriously think cutting my hair was my way to be intentional. I was thinking about goals for October and realized one of them was to basically "stop looking like a scrub." I knew it wasn't gonna happen with my mop of a head hair, so I cut it! October is going to be month of cute hair!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Being intentional--yes!! So right girl. I always feel like I have great ideas and dreams about how I want to live/be, but getting there is the hard part. It takes so much diligence--and at the same time, patience with yourself. I hope your October is a fulfilling one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this!! Being intentional is the only way you get somewhere!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the word "intentional." Especially when it comes to blogging and etsy-ing. And the bit you say about waking up with a purpose is soooo something I need to work on. I've been trying to make lists the night before so I know exactly what to start with each morning. Love this reminder from you to keep at it! Thanks for the encouragement girl! And here's to a happy October!

    ReplyDelete
  10. your blog is lovely!

    xx
    http://thepocketbookblogg.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's amazing how much intentionality can change the way we live our everyday lives. We can sit back, relax, and let life pass us by, or we can do something every day to help us work towards our goals. And there are probably appropriate seasons for both attitudes!

    ReplyDelete
  12. We really do have to live intentionally or things will just pass us right by. Love this outlook!! :)

    ReplyDelete

say whatcha need to say.