Image Map

Monday, April 21, 2014

Because this has been the craziest week of my life.

As of today, my book has been out for a week.

My mom was at my house when my author copy came in the mail, and it was the most surreal feeling to see her flip it open to random page, because the first thing that came to my mind was, "Oh, I wrote that by the pool last year."  These are my words that I wrote down over the past few years of my life, and now anyone can buy them and hold them and put them on a shelf.

Words truly cannot express how that feels, so instead of trying--and failing--I thought we could talk about how I will forever be indebted to you if you feel inclined to support my book through any of the following ways.

R A T I N G S.  Did you buy my book?  First of all, THANK YOU.  I owe you a cupcake.  Second of all, it would be awesome if you could leave a rating on whatever site you bought it.  See those little stars next to my book?  They're just waiting on you to click on them.  Unless you hated it.  Just kidding.  But not really. 

S O C I A L.  Are we friends on twitter and instagram?  We should be.  Use #happytobealive2014 to talk about my book!  Take a picture of it, tweet a quote from it, or just say hello!  I think it's going to be super cool to be able to search that hashtag and see my book's journey.

G O O D R E A D S.  Do you have a Goodreads account?  Add my book to your to-read shelf!  And if you've read it, leave me a review on there!

R E V I E W S.  Do you talk about books on your blog?  Because that would be awesome.  Email me and we can talk about getting a book in your hands!

It's a wild and crazy and scary time.  But I'm following my dreams, and that's worth more than I know how to put into words.

Have you ever jumped all in and followed a dream of yours?


19 comments:

  1. I'm so in awe of you for committing and following through! I haven't purchased a copy yet but I fully intend to, it's hanging out in my Amazon shopping cart! Can't wait to read another "side" of you through the book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I added it to my To-Read! Congrats, Chelsea! Such an accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just followed you on Instagram! Congrats lady!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So inspiring to see all your dreams coming true! Can't wait to read your book girl (:

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ugh, I've had reviews I've already committed to but once those are done I am buying your book!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are amazing! I am so proud of all you have accomplished, you are living your dream!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So excited for you, pretty lady! Can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So awesome! I've added it to my list of books to read - I've got a few sitting on my nightstand that I need to finish first!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My goodness, congratulations!! I can't even imagine how thrilling this must be for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. super excited for you. congrats, love!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations!!! that is so exciting, and I am definitely adding your book to my list of must-reads!
    <3 Kiersten

    ReplyDelete
  12. I feel like every day of my life has been a dream (there were a few bad dreams lol). Truly, I can find blessings every day. I am so thrilled about your progress! Have you started the next book...books???

    ReplyDelete
  13. Again, amazing and congrats! I tweeted. :)
    www.ohtobeamuse.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats! What an amazing feeling to hold your own book. Do you plan to make it available for kindle as well?

    ReplyDelete
  15. so exciting! adding it to my goodreads right now :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh congrats! So exciting! Just read the description and it totally sounds like your book is something I'd like to read. I'll have to look into reading it this summer :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. How exciting! Congrats! I will definitely have to check it out soon!

    Nikki
    thefashionablewife.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats on the book! How exciting! I've always wanted to publish a book - I've got loads of ideas, but haven't taken the time to sit down and write it. Someday...maybe =)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Chelsea! I was struggling to work on my own book last night, so I ventured over to your book's Amazon page and read through the reviews. Seeing how much people love it, and seeing that you went through with fulfilling your dream is so inspiring, and it helped me get to writing :) Can't wait to read your book - it's next on my list!

    ReplyDelete

say whatcha need to say.