Image Map

Monday, May 12, 2014

A List of People Who Need to Stop Killing My Vibe.


I feel like the world can be broken into two groups:  people who are happier when they are making other people happy, and people who are happier when they are NOT making other people happy.  Not only when they are not making them happy, but when they are taking happiness away from them. 

Let's look at some examples. 

When I'm obviously into a song, and you say, "This song is so old, why do they even play it anymore?"


When I tell you something I really like, and you respond with, "I really want to like it, but so many other people like it...I just feel that it's a little too mainstream."


If I'm watching a show or reading a series that's already finished, and you decide it would be appropriate to tell me the ending wasn't all that great.


When I'm eating a cheeseburger and it's the best cheeseburger I've ever consumed and you choose that exact moment to tell me that meat or cheese or bread is what makes people fat or unhealthy or sick.


If you tell me you think flower crowns are stupid.


If you tweet anything along the lines of: "So utterly over seeing ______ pop up all over my feed" and the blank is something like pictures of flowers or rainbows or puppies. 



When you tell me whatever I'm feeding/teaching/doing with my dog is wrong and I should do it a different way. 


Basically, if you have a habit of saying things that ruin other people's day, and you enjoy it.



Have a happy happy Monday and don't kill anyone's vibe today.  Because that's just rude.

Check out this month's featured sponsor:

40 comments:

  1. PREACH IT SISTA!!!! I haven't even watched the Office ending because I am afraid it will be bad and I don't want the whole series ruined for me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No no. It was such a great ending! I had actually not seen the last few seasons of The Office, but I had to watch the finale (because obviously) and thoroughly enjoyed it. It was a pretty great ending, I thought. :)

      Delete
  2. Girl Don't let anyone kill your vibe. Seriously, some people don't get it but it doesn't mean because they aren't happy in their lives that they can try and ruin someone elses.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, I loved this post! So many perfect gifs! Happy Monday!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha this post is funny - and the gifs - love!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amen! Let me enjoy my cheeseburger in peace!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Preach it sister. Stealing someone's happiness is no bueno.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely loved this! It's too funny! Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hahah this was great, thanks for the laugh this Monday morning!

    ReplyDelete
  9. No vibe killing today!! Even though it's monday and I'm in a crappy mood!! Love your list.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes. Agreed. No vibe killing and no allowing vibes to be killed! <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love love love the Michael Scott gif. Wishing you lots of happy thoughts and happy friends and strangers this week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOL YES, flower crowns are awesome! lol The food thing is a big deal to me too. If I'm enjoying my third donut, I don't want to hear someone tell me that they are "So impressed by how I'm so comfortable with my body!" lol Great Gifs!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Vibe killers are the worst, I don't know what they get out of being mean. Have a happy Monday!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Right. I can't with some people! haha.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is awesome. Ugh, I HATE when anyone makes any sort of leading commentary on an older book or movie I'm about to start!! The worst ever!

    ReplyDelete
  16. wait? what? who told you flowers in your hair aren't amazing?

    ReplyDelete
  17. OH, the cheeseburger thing makes me mad. It's like HEY it's not like I am eating it everyday so let me just enjoy this cheeseburger on my non-eating healthy day without judgment pleaseeee. Now, I want a cheeseburger...

    ReplyDelete
  18. I feel you! We shared our baby name with someone last Thursday and she felt it necessary to tell me that's her mother's dog's name. Like really...did I need to know that?

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am a sober vibe killer. Probably like 3 years now.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Haha. This is too true! Let's punch the vibe killers in the face!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Song on the radio. Cheeseburgers. Spoilers. Amen!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. So with you! Why must people rain on other's parades?!

    ReplyDelete
  23. this is the best. hell yes to all of this.

    ReplyDelete
  24. people suck! i love this, agree to every one.

    ReplyDelete
  25. "If you tweet anything along the lines of: "So utterly over seeing ______ pop up all over my feed" and the blank is something like pictures of flowers or rainbows or puppies. " - that made me laugh out loud - so true! i'd way rather see flowers and puppies than, well, most things :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. YES. There is too much negativity out there!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I think we need to bring out Sassy Chelsea a little more! I LOVED this.

    ReplyDelete
  28. seriously though, why do people need to rain on my parade especially when I am eating unhealthy food. I know it is unhealthy, just let me do me.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I definitely agree with those, and the gifs made me chuckle!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Amen. Why is it when I tell someone I like something do they feel the need to shoot it down. Obviously they're saying it to be mean and that's just silly!

    ReplyDelete
  31. So totally agree! I've actually made a point to check how I respond to other people's comments b/c I was afraid I was starting to sound just like those "kill joys" you mentioned. Remember what our mother's taught us... if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hilarious! And sadly, couldn't agree more!!

    ReplyDelete
  33. I love repeating songs over and over and over so people can def kill my vibe with that first one!

    ReplyDelete
  34. I love all these gifs, lol, and yes I have to agree with you on a lot of these things!!!! People can just go away :-P

    ReplyDelete
  35. oooh gosh, i LOVE this!! totally amen yes!

    ReplyDelete

say whatcha need to say.