Image Map

Tuesday, May 5, 2015

just write: never said hello.

never said hello poem

I’m deaf from all the words
that you never even said, 
hoarse from all the screaming 
that only happened in my head. 

my hands ache from all the punches 
from the fights that never were, 
my brain hurts from overthinking
answers to questions I never heard. 

these bruises make it pretty clear
it’s time to let you go. 
but how do you start to say goodbye, 
when you never said hello?

"The "what-if's" and "should-haves" will eat your brain." -John O'Callaghan

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful! And John O'Callaghan? I believe we have some similar musical interests my friend. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a new follower (GFC, bloglovin and some other places - but I swear I'm not a stalker) and glad I found your blog. I know I'm gonna love visiting! I have a deep love of words and used to write a TON. I don't write so much anymore, and I really miss it sometimes, but I do still love it.

    ReplyDelete

say whatcha need to say.