Image Map

Monday, April 29, 2019

What April Taught Me.


To worry WAY LESS about what other people think. || I really wish that one of these months this lesson would stick, but I'm a work in progress. This month, though, has shown me how little other people's opinions actually matter. Do I hope people like me? Duh. Do I wish everyone approved of every choice I make? Of course. But does it matter? Nope. 

I'll say this: The more I like myself and I approve of my choices, the easier it is to care less about what other people think. So for me, those are the things I need to focus on.

That forming habits isn't about making yourself like something, it's about making yourself do something. || I heard this on an episode of Rise podcast and it was a "duh" moment for me. I guess I've always thought that habits were about making yourself enjoy something...working out or being more disciplined about your day or eating healthy or cleaning your house...and then when I don't like it, I assume it's not a habit that worked. But this mindset is so helpful. You're not trying to make yourself like something that's good for you, you're just trying to do it. 

To surround myself with people that fill me up, not drain me. || Choosing who is in your circle is one of the most important and impactful decisions you can make. And (listen to this), if you're an adult, YOU DON'T HAVE TO SPEND TIME WITH PEOPLE YOU DON'T WANT TO! What a concept! If someone is draining, or mean, or belittling, what are you doing sharing your life with them? Bye!

To enjoy the slow days as much as the action packed ones. || I love adventures and trips and a day filled to the brim with plans. But I also love a slow day with some sunshine and a good book. Going out is great, but so is cooking dinner in sweatpants with your friends. Those nights are just as good, if not better. 

The good always outweighs the bad. || Always, always, always. You've just gotta do a better job of looking for it and calling it out when you see it. 

What did this month teach you? I had so much fun seeing everyone's answers on instagram last month, so here's an insta story template for April. Tell me what you've learned! 



 photo signature.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

say whatcha need to say.